Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Officiating
Quote | Reply
I am not sure that all the fuss with between the USAT and the GTG is really about officiating. There must be something else... cause I do not notice a difference. Two examples:

In Racine recently during a half... at mile 50 I was passed through an 's' turn by a group of 6 women riding wheel to wheel. The last of the two threw empty gel packs to the ground as the went by. Less than 10 seconds later an official pulled up an wrote my number down for not giving way. How do you give three bike lengths in 15 seconds to six consecutive riders? Plus, I was hardly the larger issue.

In Ironman Canada (I am a mid aged, mid pack age grouper) I was limping along on the bike on a bad day... had an official shadow me no less than 8 times. I do not draft!

Maybe the disc wheel I was riding both times is an indicator... I don't know. There was certainly no other idicator that I might be fast or ultra competitive.

I don't have a great impression of either set of officials. My guess is it is the same personnel, regardless of the sanctioning body.
Quote Reply
Re: Officiating [Prairieboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey PB, you should have seen it at Soma. A GTG event, big lecture about drafting, then pace lines so well-formed you'd think you were on a Saturday ride with the roadies. I mean, there is NO WAY you could miss these groups. I saw only one person pulled over . . . a poor fellow heading for 6+ hours, clearly no intention of drafting, pulled over by some keystone motorcops who almost caused a pile up of several bikes that they cut off in the process.
Quote Reply