Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was, as a proud Canadian, one of the most exciting last few minutes I've ever seen.

Great job Simon!

Canada loves you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Mexican falling off the pace .. looks like hes headed back to the group?[/quote]ooh man! he made me dream for a little :(
He finished 5:52 behind.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, thanks for the added commentary color everyone! Tomorrow's the womens 10k swim no?

Amen and good night. :-)

See you all tomorrow, I mean later today.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [irontrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That was, as a proud Canadian, one of the most exciting last few minutes I've ever seen.

Great job Simon!

Canada loves you!
As well you should. Even we Americans love him, as the fight he showed was impressive. When he can't make your team, we'll give him citizenship....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So that is what Kemper, Shoemaker and Reed were doing, helping Simon during the bike phase also?

How good would have Potts done if he was racing?
Last edited by: Raptor: Aug 18, 08 21:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Simon looks genuinely happy, which is cool to see.

I'd love to know what he said to Fronedo when he congratulated him though...
I wish he had a few words for Gomez. It really looked weird when Gomez walked toward him and Simon somewhat turned his back on him and faced the crowd. I am sure he was at a loss for words but still.

Anyway. Let's celebrate!

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [lxrchtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Simon looks genuinely happy, which is cool to see.

I'd love to know what he said to Fronedo when he congratulated him though...
I wish he had a few words for Gomez. It really looked weird when Gomez walked toward him and Simon somewhat turned his back on him and faced the crowd. I am sure he was at a loss for words but still.

Anyway. Let's celebrate!

I don't know that he saw him. He was pretty spent at the finish, and I doubt that he'd deliberately snub Gomez.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about Colin's finish!? That was the best part!!! :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gomez actually looked like he was slightly PO'd and was trying to get out of there. normally, the guys who finish behind will be the ones to congratulate the winners.

great race though, Simon did us proud!! That really looked like he was hurting to bounce back on all those surges.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely enjoyed that! haha

Quote | Reply
Just re-watched the finishing sprint...Simon knew Frodeno was there - he checked over his shoulder 4 times! But he couldn't get rid of him. Then Frodeno made his move and Simon knew the tank was empty.

Still, that was electrifying, and the happiest I have ever been with a silver medal!

Go Canada!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or how good would Bennett have done?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not. Lots of heat, little oxygen.

Cheers!

---
First with the head, then with the heart. -- HG
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin's finish was great. Love to see how excited he was. I think he's happier than Simon right now.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [irontrev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent race by all.

Oh except for Gomez who choked as did the Australia guy Brad.

On the Kiwi. Simon was really impressive too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Colin did everything that could have been asked of him!
Control the pace on the front, reel in any breaks...most of the time he was on the front.

Awesome job!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim starts at 5pm Pacific time? I'll be online for that for sure!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [REDSTORM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have gotta be STOKED dude!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [TheRock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would not say Gomez choked, he was visibly cramping and couldnt bust out a patented 5k burst.
Still the best in the world.
Brad K on the other hand, choked, choked like Matty Reed.
Last edited by: Jagerstar: Aug 18, 08 21:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [REDSTORM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dano,

Congratulations to the whole Victoria crew. Simon has had a lot of help along the way and each and everyone of you who has been there at the workouts, helping out have been part of this. You must be very proud and happy.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty pumped right now!
I think I may run out of beer though!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...

I was watching with german friends (4 in the morning...ouch). We were speachless!

Everybody thought Daniel would be Germanys chance. With the 4 together with 1km to go we thought Jan would have a chance for 3rd.

When he won nobody said anything, we just couldn´t believe it. What a race.

Axel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait for the crew to get back here to Vic!
I wanna take a look and see what an Olympic medal looks like!

Uncle Phil - The tri club at Gear West must be stoked as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, Colin definitely had an excellent race - doing everything he needed to and delivering Simon to T2 right with the lead pack. He played his role perfectly, and should be very proud of his part in that Silver medal.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure they are...I know I am! Is he still using those Stingray paddles in practice?
Quote Reply

Prev Next