Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I was having flashbacks to Sydney...only difference is Simon had to do 2x200m sprint today instead of 1x200m. He had to light a pile of matches to reattach in the final 1k and then he goes on the attack...reminds me of Cancellara in the road race, bridging to the leaders and not having enough recovery time for the final sprint...what an amazing finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From commentators thread:
  • "Gold medal winner Jan Frodeno trains up to 35 hours a week."

• i mean honestly is this necessary????!!! WOW!
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    That was an amazing race. Got in major shit from the wife as she could hear me in the baby monitor screaming for Simon and saying WHOLLY SHIT several times before she reminded me that our son was still up or was now up to daddy saying the SHIT word.

What an amazing race and I could not be happier for Simon. To go after the gold like he did and come so close was amazing. There is nothing wrong with Silver and I am sure that will drive him for another 4 years.
    Last edited by: Bman: Aug 18, 08 21:03
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    When Frodeno wound it up he simply exploded toward the line. Those are quite some images we're seeing of his wonderful win.

I hope they show the medal ceremony. Frodeno sold a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses with that one I wager....

Tom Demerly
    The Tri Shop.com
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Me too, very surprised considering he probably has the best kick in the business (Frodeno being a bit of an unknown factor of course)...almost looked like he'd had enough by the last turn, looked back at Gomez struggling, knew he was safe in third and "settled" for the bronze.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
    - Muhammad Ali
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    no worries, the pee stains will sort that out! good to see the runner guys rip it up! gomes is fast but not built like a runner
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    canada coling jenkins controled the bike ride from start to end to deliver simon on the run.... he had reason to be happy, Colin just won a silver medal......

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
    Jonnyo Coaching
    Instargram
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [skip] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Definitely a reminder to all of us to never wear white when it'll get wet.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Tom Fort] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    yo, can someone list the results for me??? 1st,2nd,3rd?? I have no TV and internet is too slow to watch it streaming! Thanks
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Tom Fort] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Jim Donaldsen of Elite Endeavors there plainly visible in the crowd!

Tom Demerly
    The Tri Shop.com
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [english muffin] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Not built like a runner....but probably the best runner in all of triathlon on most days.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Eessor] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Wow, already sour grapes?

Doesn't take long for you guys in North America.

My money was on Unger or Henning, but I take Frodeno.

Good for the sport.
    Would have been even better if the young brittish lad would have medaled.

Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I will be eating a bit of crow as I questioned Colin in another thread about the team tactics and thought that Brent should have been maybe a better pick. In the thread I did say that I understood the choice of Colin over Brent but Brent had a higher ranking overall. Well once I am finished my big piece of humble pie. WELL DONE COLIN! you are da man.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    canada coling jenkins controled the bike ride from start to end to deliver simon on the run.... he had reason to be happy, Colin just won a silver medal...... \\

Ya, who would you rather be now, Colin or Paul??? Colin gets to celebrate his part in the Silver, and Paul get's top 30, I hope it was worth it for him to bow out of the team effort......
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    well done Frodeno. i see your knickers are yellowed...could you teach me how to piss on the bike?

- josh

@joshcowman
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Bman] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Brent I guess will be happy with his National Title he got on the past weekend.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    In Reply To:
    When Frodeno wound it up he simply exploded toward the line. Those are quite some images we're seeing of his wonderful win.
    As I see these views of him, Frodeno reminds me of James Bonney, big and sort of looks like him. Never heard of him before. Guess we will all know of him now.

--------------
    Frank,
    An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Onetimepad] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Who is this Frodeno cat? I thought the big dude would get smoked when the hammer started to drop in the last 2K...shit he dropped the hammer.

Gomez spit the bit....
    What happened to Matty "hotrod" Reed?

Ditto, ditto, ditto ...

Who is Frodeno?

Why do Germans always wear white lycra bottoms? Please, no more!

Kudos to Canada and Simon. I thought Simon was toast coming up the ramp the last time. I thought for sure Frodeno wouldn't be a sprinter.

What the heeck happened to Matt Reed?

And the last Canadian? I think he read the Slowtwitch threads on celebrating at the finish line. ;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
    GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
    Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
    Last edited by: parkito: Aug 18, 08 21:09
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [show pony] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    In Reply To:
    (Frodeno being a bit of an unknown factor of course).
    I don't think he was entirely unknown to the guys he was running with - 3 top 5 finishes in his last 3 ITU races, and second in the 2007 European championships 17 seconds behind Gomez.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jmc17] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Time for bed. Thanks everyone--much more interesting with the ST commentary.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Huge props to Brownlee for holding on with the big boys for as long as he did ... representing for us youngins!

- Nathan

------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do I have to do, when I wake up tomorrow, to become excellent. Do that, and then do it again the next day, and the next, etc. One day you'll wake up and the time and the fitness will have taken care of themselves."
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [jmc17] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    In Reply To:
    well done Frodeno. i see your knickers are yellowed...could you teach me how to piss on the bike?
    Haha ... well that colour goes with his medal!!

===============
    Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [monty] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    In Reply To:
    Simon looks like he's off the back, gets back on and makes the decisive move. Unfortunately, he probably went a bit early.\\

Simon had the perfect race, he out ran the guys he was supposed to, but that wild card that is always there at these big races, popped up and bit him. He didn't go to early, he just got beat...Great race for team Canada, looks like every ounce of energy Simon saved on that bike, he needed.. Just wish he had one more ounce..In triathlon, that is like Phelps 1/100, great race to watch.....

When Frodeno responded to Simon's finishing kick and passed him with 75m to go, Simon simply had no response. On at least three separate occasions Simon had to claw his way back to the group - the last time being with ~1km to go. I got worried then that he might not have the juice to finish after having to bridge so late in the game, and it looks like he just ran out of gas. Did a shoulder check for Docherty and then just coasted in for silver. No attempt at a response to challenge for the win once Frodeno made his counter-attack.

AWESOME race, with a HUGE finish.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
    Get Fitter!
    Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
    Get your FIX today?
    Quote Reply
    Re: Official Men's Olympic Tri thread (caution Spoiler) [monty] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Hey Monty, were did those guys in the break end up.

That is what I thought.
    Quote Reply

Prev Next