Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Wind Tunnel Schmin Tunnel" Matt Lieto

You're dead to us

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [wardestroyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like how Potts is racing today. Had his nose to the wind just a bit in the swim and bike, but mostly just pacing with the lead groups. I like him for top 5 today. Frodo back in the lead pack too, he needs to just hide in there as long as possible. Let the break go as long as there is no Rana or Alexander in it..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potts is doing great on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt Lieto bashes wind tunnel results...heads explode all across ST.

Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One guy just made the swim cut off by less than 30 seconds. That's one happy dude!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
One guy just made the swim cut off by less than 30 seconds. That's one happy dude!

Sprinting up the steps when he heard time was running out. Awesome! Anyone know if all the men got in or are there some who didn't make the cutoff?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that Matt, Michael, and Greg don't have access to a computer. You'd think that someone would be feeding them data or at least have the Live Blog opened.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, I'm not a fan of his 'facts' - because he did so well in Kona.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle must be looking for at least 6-7 minutes on Frodo on the way back.

How is it possible for Frodo to be only 1 minute down on Starky with a flat tyre ... not enough glue???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniela Ryf takes the lead @ mile 40

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [callidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does MBE ever do any work up front? it seems that every Kona she takes part in she is 2nd/3rd wheel doing nothing to help the breakaway

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fordeno is the future of Ironman until Gomez starts after 2016!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I like how Potts is racing today. Had his nose to the wind just a bit in the swim and bike, but mostly just pacing with the lead groups. I like him for top 5 today. Frodo back in the lead pack too, he needs to just hide in there as long as possible. Let the break go as long as there is no Rana or Alexander in it..

I agree that Andy is racing smart. Frodo just needs to tuck in. Andy should tuck in behind Frodo !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Matt Lieto bashes wind tunnel results...heads explode all across ST.

Wink

That guy is absolutely killing me. When they were all talking about who would have the best run, he slammed the Lovato and Welchie, saying that what matters is today, not what happened in Kona previously. Then he proceeds to talk up his favorite using....historical results. What a douche.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Well my womens pick is in position a lot sooner than i thought. She now probably has 10 minutes on Rinny, but a few in that gap are the more concerning at the moment. Expect her to do what starky is doing in the mens race now..

Through 40 miles Daniela Ryf has made her move! She's made up 45 seconds in the last 5 miles and has taken the lead. She's 2 seconds ahead of Kessler and 5 seconds ahead of Mary Beth Ellis.

Steffen and Joyce are at 20 seconds.

Blatchford has been dropped - she's now 1:50 down.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So happy about that. She's such an inspiration! I hope she's able to make it back next year. She normally qualifies at Eagleman. Now she'll have to do a full to qualify. Two fulls in one year including Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I have to say that the womens positions are very much improved over years past. But thing that still is obvious is that most are on bikes too big for them, all because of wheel size. They really need to take a look back, or actually around, at Natasha Badman. Natasha is one of the last of the old crew that rode bikes that actually could fit them perfectly.

Ya, Carfree is falling back, will certainly be 10+ minutes soon. Have to wait and see if she can do a negative split. Womens up front are pushing each other, as usual she will have little company other than her power meter and the odd person in her zip code. My girl Ryf is moving fast on the leaders, think she is the one that will be leading by 90 miles is my guess..

Wasn't Carfrae 12 minutes back off the bike last year and ran into first? I'm not concerned about her yet, but it'll be interesting to see how the bike is playing out around mile 90.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I have to say that the womens positions are very much improved over years past. But thing that still is obvious is that most are on bikes too big for them, all because of wheel size. They really need to take a look back, or actually around, at Natasha Badman. Natasha is one of the last of the old crew that rode bikes that actually could fit them perfectly.

Ya, Carfree is falling back, will certainly be 10+ minutes soon. Have to wait and see if she can do a negative split. Womens up front are pushing each other, as usual she will have little company other than her power meter and the odd person in her zip code. My girl Ryf is moving fast on the leaders, think she is the one that will be leading by 90 miles is my guess..

When I saw a side shot of Rachel Joyce she looked so good, so smooth, my gut reaction was that she will get off very fresh and this may be her year to win - but I also expect Ryf to ride away in the back half.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF...Maik just blew past Starky on the climb to Hawi...on a Dimond. Also it being a windy day is not good for Mirinda being a smaller rider. Same for Crowie.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 11, 14 12:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up goes Twelseik. After leading for nearly 1/2 the bike, Starky's race plan is seemingly dissolving.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beam bikes rule!!, he blew past starky
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clairec2007 wrote:
So happy about that. She's such an inspiration! I hope she's able to make it back next year. She normally qualifies at Eagleman. Now she'll have to do a full to qualify. Two fulls in one year including Kona.

Let's hope she can get through the bike. The winds are gonna make it a long day in the saddle; windiest in 15 years!
Gotta give props to the 80+ year old athletes, hope I can still be doing this when I get to that age...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [iswimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iswimslow wrote:
Recoverie wrote:

Sprinting up the steps when he heard time was running out. Awesome! Anyone know if all the men got in or are there some who didn't make the cutoff?

They showed one guy coming in to the swim finish. They announced that he didn't make it by eight minutes. Heartbreaking. Surely he'll work on that and come back again and make it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next