Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [komondor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
komondor wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
philc wrote:
Wait til the Kienle/Marino/McKenzie train blow by .... then it'll be fun, especially if the wind is up as promised

I know, i know...I hope these guys can all ride together. Why is the video qualify so poor. Even when I have a tiny window open....did I click on the wrong link...was there another one for higher def?

Click the icon on the player toolbar that looks like cell phone quality. It's actually video quality. makes sense...

Thank you sir! I was going nuts looking for that.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
philc wrote:
Wait til the Kienle/Marino/McKenzie train blow by .... then it'll be fun, especially if the wind is up as promised

I know, i know...I hope these guys can all ride together. Why is the video qualify so poor. Even when I have a tiny window open....did I click on the wrong link...was there another one for higher def?
Click on the volume icon and you can select up to 480p
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [philc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
having said that, the static images - studio etc - are better ..... maybe I need a new laptop!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [philc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex zanardi swam a 1:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have to say, without the banter on ST, watching an Ironman is like watching paint dry. Nothing happens for several hours. Even a 5 day cricket test match has more action.

ooh ooh! But the sunscreen plugs make it all worth it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I have to say, without the banter on ST, watching an Ironman is like watching paint dry. Nothing happens for several hours. Even a 5 day cricket test match has more action.

Agreed, except something DID happen when one of the race favorites and current leader got a flat. And what did the cameraman do? He carried on showing us the lead men on the bike. We know the lead men are still riding their bikes. What we WANT to know is how long Frodo is taking to get a new wheel or change his flat. The TV production is so weak. It's like they're trying to make it as boring as possible!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [komondor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
komondor wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
philc wrote:

Click the icon on the player toolbar that looks like cell phone quality. It's actually video quality. makes sense...

Thanks..I was wondering what those bars were....quality is now a bit better.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Womens at 30 miles;

Here are the women's splits through 30 miles - Caroline Steffen is now joining Joyce and Ryf on the move towards the front:
1 2:12:27 125 Jodie Swallow GBR
2 2:12:30 0:04 103 Meredith Kessler USA
3 2:12:32 0:06 117 Mary Beth Ellis USA
4 2:14:08 1:41 102 Rachel Joyce GBR
5 2:14:10 1:43 112 Daniela Ryf CHE
6 2:14:15 1:49 105 Caroline Steffen CHE
7 2:14:20 1:53 104 Liz Blatchford AUS
8 2:15:00 2:33 124 Amanda Stevens USA
9 2:15:28 3:01 111 Leanda Cave GBR
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are such spoilers! NBC won't air this until the end of the month!

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what does this mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Cue Starky basking in 3,2,1...

Hey! Did you hear what Starky is doing might not be the smartest??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way...it seems like Potts' swim strategy has helped so far...he's in the top 5 heading towards Hawi.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [shamrocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please be harriet! please be harriet! (watching swim) oh thank heavens, she still has 17 minutes to cut off. c'mon HARRIET!

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Oct 11, 14 12:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starky approaching 1 1/2 minute lead, mashing the climb to Havi. When the back train comes through, gonna be interesting to see what happens. Like two galaxies crashing into each other, some stars getting pulled, some getting thrown off, and some just exploding!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Womens at 30 miles;

Rinny 8:30 back. She's losing time.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Well it is fundamentally a 5 hour time trial right now.... I was just thinking actually that this year's coverage is much better than years past. At least they don't have a camera locked on the leader and never showing anyone else. But there is really one thing that I am VERY disappointed they aren't talking about... HOW DO I GET AN IRONMAN BLENDER!?!?!??! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spec tires are weird, i have their cheapest pair with over 5k miles and no issues, i then experimented with their high end tubies for some road racing and flatted in the first 10 miles, go figure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Starky approaching 1 1/2 minute lead, mashing the climb to Havi. When the back train comes through, gonna be interesting to see what happens. Like two galaxies crashing into each other, some stars getting pulled, some getting thrown off, and some just exploding!!

nice analogy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here comes the swim cut off. Some serious troopers out there. Awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Womens at 30 miles;

Rinny 8:30 back. She's losing time.

When Ryf/Steffen/Blatchford/Joyce catch the leaders do you think they'll form a pact to work together and put Rinny as far back as possible or do you think they'd just see it as giving Ryf the race?
Last edited by: iswimslow: Oct 11, 14 12:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scary thing: he still might negative split O_o
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say that the womens positions are very much improved over years past. But thing that still is obvious is that most are on bikes too big for them, all because of wheel size. They really need to take a look back, or actually around, at Natasha Badman. Natasha is one of the last of the old crew that rode bikes that actually could fit them perfectly.

Ya, Carfree is falling back, will certainly be 10+ minutes soon. Have to wait and see if she can do a negative split. Womens up front are pushing each other, as usual she will have little company other than her power meter and the odd person in her zip code. My girl Ryf is moving fast on the leaders, think she is the one that will be leading by 90 miles is my guess..
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle in 2nd now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [wardestroyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men splits at 44…

1 2:39:25 31 Andrew Starykowicz USA
2 2:40:22 0:57 3 Sebastian Kienle DEU
3 2:40:28 1:03 26 Maik Twelsiek DEU
4 2:40:28 1:04 43 Nils Frommhold DEU