Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Ryf no longer with Swaziland. She's racing new dual citizenship Czechoslovakia and Switzerland.

CHE is the abbreviation for Switzerland. Here
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironmanlive...please, you are killing me with your "Estimated Finish Time" column. It is showing Raelert at 8:08 estimated finish time and Kienle at 8:29. Who coded this?

Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Quite a front group and some very strong cyclists up there - Starky, Marino...

Frodeno goes straight into the bike lead.

5:46? What happened to Starky? More bad Perform?

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
If they don't have enough cameras I wish they would at least take the motorcycle camera off Ryf and Kienle for a few minutes and drop back to show us some of the other athletes. With Kienle's 8 min lead, he isn't going to lose it anytime soon so we aren't going to miss anything.

You must be new here
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Looks like Caroline is the one running fastest? From down 10.30 at start of the run to only down 6.45 now? That's more ground made up on Daniela than what Rinny has gained?

I believe Steffen was about 5:20 back of Ryf at the start of the run.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [shamrocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if we all bought an IM Trucker hat they would have enough funds to buy another camera.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok... I guess the race tracker must have been messed up. It was showing me that he was averaging under 5:5X/mi at mile 10. That must be wrong...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
Haven't heard you comment on Kienle since mile 2. Still think he went out to fast?

Yes, still think he went out too fast. I do want him to win, but objectively, he went out at 2:36 IM marathon pace. He would have been fine heading out at 2:45 pace and ending up at 2:53....2:36 just digs a bit of a lactate hole. I said the same think about Andreas Ralaert in 2011 when he started chasing Crowie at 5:51 mile pace and he never did catch up and Pete Jacobs passed him. You can look at the Alii drive run paces and know who will run well in the energy lab...look at FVL. He as not the fastest on Alii, but he's going good in the energy lab, and up to 2nd place.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [GingerAvenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GingerAvenger wrote:
I think short track speed skaters do a good bit of cycling work as cross training in the off season.

Well and he was a pretty decent age group swimmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
Ironmanlive...please, you are killing me with your "Estimated Finish Time" column. It is showing Raelert at 8:08 estimated finish time and Kienle at 8:29. Who coded this?

Yeah, I think you can only compare the estimated finishing times of those that have the same distance covered for the calculation.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [TheTortoise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Jesse Thomas' twitter, Raelert rested at an aid station for "3ish" minutes. //

Figured that must have been what happened, so pluck that lobster out of the pot..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Ryf no longer with Swaziland. She's racing new dual citizenship Czechoslovakia and Switzerland.

Crap That is disappointing. That would have been huge for such a small country to get the win. I was waiting to see the celebrations in the streets of Mbabane. Bet the King would have even been out there cheering.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [shamrocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shamrocks wrote:
mattr wrote:
If they don't have enough cameras I wish they would at least take the motorcycle camera off Ryf and Kienle for a few minutes and drop back to show us some of the other athletes. With Kienle's 8 min lead, he isn't going to lose it anytime soon so we aren't going to miss anything.

You must be new here

LOL!

At this point, I think the cameraman covering the mens leader dropped out. Seems like 100% Ryf for the last 15mins.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [gantaliano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, and that's less than 20s/mi faster than what Kienle was doing to that point. With an 11+ minute lead on Raelert...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [gantaliano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does everyone else think the leader board sucks? why this format? beyond the "est finish", all i want is the standings in a PGA Tour style.

leader
next guy +30
next guy +60

etc

too much?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Bryan0721 wrote:
Haven't heard you comment on Kienle since mile 2. Still think he went out to fast?

Yes, still think he went out too fast. I do want him to win, but objectively, he went out at 2:36 IM marathon pace. He would have been fine heading out at 2:45 pace and ending up at 2:53....2:36 just digs a bit of a lactate hole. I said the same think about Andreas Ralaert in 2011 when he started chasing Crowie at 5:51 mile pace and he never did catch up and Pete Jacobs passed him. You can look at the Alii drive run paces and know who will run well in the energy lab...look at FVL. He as not the fastest on Alii, but he's going good in the energy lab, and up to 2nd place.

Maybe. But if he holds on for the win does it really matter? I say no.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. I get that one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is really bad. I can't make sense of where things are at. It seems they did alot of new things....for instance, did anymore try and navigate through the Breakfast with Bob video interviews? Brutal, and the audio was out of sync. Last year was much much better.

Last edited by: AJHull: Oct 11, 14 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Switzerland is pretty small too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
has timing stopped updating? Kienles last split was 13 mile mark
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, Frodo into 5th, looks like he's gunning for the podium at this point. Hope the Hoff can hold on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Bryan0721 wrote:

Maybe. But if he holds on for the win does it really matter? I say no.

Agree, I say no, and I want him to hold on to the win badly. of the top guys who paid their dues in Kona, he's one who has...the 2012 race with the flat really slipped away. I just hope whatever slowdown he has is enough. As I said, the guy ran 2:49 in Frankfurt on a day just as hot as Kona (from what I heard) and he still ran 1:17 in Tremblant so low 2:50's is easily in his range.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
shamrocks wrote:
mattr wrote:

You must be new here

LOL!

At this point, I think the cameraman covering the mens leader dropped out. Seems like 100% Ryf for the last 15mins.

Nice one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

You mean I wasted all my time and money driving all over the big island to find a Swaziland flag to give her at the finish?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Hawaii Race Day Discussion [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4th now
fierceSun wrote:
Damn, Frodo into 5th, looks like he's gunning for the podium at this point. Hope the Hoff can hold on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next