Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be more worried about the massive eutrophication lately in Mirror Lake and the increase of the Nemopilema nomurai jellyfish...they can leave quite the sting. My friend fell off one of those standing paddleboards they rent on Mirror Lake and into a small school of them and got dozens of stings. Not pretty. I'd suggest coating exposed areas of skin in Vaseline just to be safe.

Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Only wussies worry about jellyfish. And besides, worrying about jellyfish stings is now reserved only for IM Ft Lee or whatever we are calling it these days. As Lake Placid is only a couple hundred yards from Mirror Lake, I am more worried about a huge mutant croc making the short walk/slither across the road. I just hope that WTC has Bill Pullman on hand to help out if need be ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nah...83 and sunny on race day according to accuweather, and it is never ever wrong on its 15 day forecast. So I am all set.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember ,through the pouring rain of 2008 ,the weather weenies said nice weather that day too !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [vtlars] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vtlars wrote:
If I remember ,through the pouring rain of 2008 ,the weather weenies said nice weather that day too !!!

IIRC it was 20% chance of showers in the afternoon with a total precip amount of less than 1/8 of an inch. I guess they meant 1/8 of an inch per minute ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bill Pullman is a punk. Give me Betty White any day in a Lake Placid/Alligator situation.

Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monsieur Trois wrote:
Bill Pullman is a punk. Give me Betty White any day in a Lake Placid/Alligator situation.

No reason to waste perfectly good cows when there are all those 1:10 plus swimmers ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
No reason to waste perfectly good cows when there are all those 1:10 plus swimmers ;-)

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

It's the 1:20+ swimmers that gator's gonna get, so I *should* be ok.

Generic LP weather forecast - low near 60, high near 80. 30% chance of rain. Mix of clouds and sun.
Winds light and variable becoming W at 5-15 mph.

Of course, the VIX on LP weather is off the freaking charts, so we could have lows in the 40's, highs 90's, rain, humid, dry, windy, calm -
who the F knows? The weather dweebs don't even know until it's actually happening, and even then, they're usually wrong.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 2800 pissing in the lake . Oh nice

Thom
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
urine is sterile. Its the one guy shitting himself in his wetsuit you have to worry about
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the shit is solid only the wetsuit strippers have to worry...for um flying objects that is...

Quote | Reply
What? No snow in the forecast?

I had rigged up my bike + trainer in my shower with a special chiller/aircompressor unit attached to the shower feed. This allowed me to knock out 2-3 hour sessions in a blinding white out.

Now, there's only the possibility of a torrential downpour or sunshine? Shoot. My bad on the training plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Now we are up to 82 degrees, sunny and humid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 days to go, which means at least 7 different forecasts between now and then.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having lived thru it, I'll say it CAN'T be worse then the monsoon of 08'. Could be the same though!
Beware the predictions for brief showers ;)
Last edited by: stillrollin: Jul 17, 11 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather.com has it as 80 degrees and mostly sunny as of today for 7/24...it's changed everyday for the last week though...

Quote | Reply
Its back to scattered T-Storms 79/55.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not according to NOAA:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

I still stand by my generic LP forecast: Lows near 60, highs near 80, mix of sun and clouds, 30% chance of rain/T-storms.
Winds light and variable becoming W at 5-15mph w/ gusts to 25.

That being said, I'm still bringing everything including the kitchen sink, so I'll be ready for any weather options.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Official IM LP let's all worry about the weather thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say your probably the most accurate. They should just put a blanket forecast out there with the "variability" factor.

Quote | Reply
I'm expecting just about anything weather-wise, up to and including an almost certain "rogue" wind gust of ~50mph accompanied by low-slung black cloud of pedalling fury and maybe a screeching "ON YOUR LEEEEEFFFFFTTT, BITCHES!" That's if my swim comes off as planned.

Two loop course? Could happen to me twice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait a second...it might rain, there is a swim, and i hear there are some hills...Well this course sucks!!! can't they find something flat? I want my money back...

See you all there, be kind as you pass...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris G wrote:
vtlars wrote:

IIRC it was 20% chance of showers in the afternoon with a total precip amount of less than 1/8 of an inch. I guess they meant 1/8 of an inch per minute ;-)

I will never forget all the locals, after the race, saying that they have never seen rain like that before. I heard the term "100 year storm" thrown around. I do not believe I have ever spent that much time being that wet before. But, at least it wasn't freezing cold like IMWI 2006. I mean, it was cold. I remember passing poor Des Ficker and her blue-black lips. But, it was not as frigid as 2006 IMWI.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Oh, yes, I remember it well. The evening before the race the sky was clear as a bell. The next morning, the ran began in earnest during the swim and didn't let up much for the entire day. I really felt bad for the spectators, at least we were in constant motion.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

That being said, I'm still bringing everything including the kitchen sink, so I'll be ready for any weather options.

I plan on packing heavy too. Just out of curiosity, how does the kitchen sink help?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next