Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off Season Blues
Quote | Reply
So I'm curious… For those of you living in locations where the temperature has dropped below remotely comfortable to ride or swim outside, what do you do when there are no races scheduled to train for? I'm way too ADHD to sit on a trainer or go to a pool and swim back and fourth. So I guess I'm wondering what other activities people focus on to ward off the winter depression?
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Blues [ajchid77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nordic skiing works great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drinking bourbon and eating chips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
United States Masters Swimming...compete in swim meets.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cyclocross.

Think of it as an off road TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri season finished, time for winter trail and ultras and some cyclo cross if I have a weekend free. Then it will be a technique focus period, before a mixture of IM base work and skiiing.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the ideas, I think I'm more in need of something completely away from Tri? Anyone suppliment their cycling/running/swimming/lifting with any other sports? I've been doing yoga to try to keep my head straight, but I really need something new to focus on… yeah A type personality, really looking for something completely different to dive into… any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i grew up playin ice hockey so when the offseason comes, or even when my training gets dialed back i play some hockey 2-3 times a week. i go hiking in the white mountains. when winter is here ill snowboard. i try and catch up with family and friends i havent been able to hang out with during the year. i also drink a lot during the offseason. helps really add the extra lbs for hibernation.
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Blues [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, never thought of Hockey. And I've never played or watched it =} Are there beginner leagues for adults?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh tons...where do you live? they have adult leagues ranging A league to D league, A being real good, college/ex pros some stud high school guys to D which are beginners. check your local rink out. Im sure they have adult league hockey. they have free skate to or public session where you can just skate and im sure they have learn to skate programs. I used to work at a rink and taught lessons and beginner hockey to adults down to kids who just learned to walk. it was awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Blues [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks! I'll check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm growing my arse :(

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Blues [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picking up another sport is a good idea, like said above.

Remind yourself that relaxing now will help you next year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fall is hunting season, then nordic ski season starts. Oh and it is also get fat time, like I had a 2/3 lb burger with cheese curds in the patty for lunch fat..

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply