Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES!
Quote | Reply
Okay, now I'm definetely in. Up to 1gb and they look just like my favorite Oakley Gascans. But ummm, now I'm kinda liking the dorky flip up lens feature... I wonder how these would be fore cycling...

Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aren't they dangerous for cycling? or do they have an override for traffic noise?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely getting cooler.

I'm not convinced they're totally cool yet, but they're working their way in the right direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They would probably be ok on a road bike but in the areo bars you might be looking over the top of them or at the top bar. I guess it just depends on where they sit on your nose. but they do look better than the org.

Ben

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tai - hold out for the Thump III, which includes video and virtual gaming capabilities!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was using my Thumps for running and biking. As mentnioned earlier, you're looking over the tops of them when you're aero. They make me pickup my head too far, although I still use them. They are great for running.

BTW......to the people that always say not to listen to music when you ride since its "unsafe".....BS.....I can hear traffic better when listening to music on the bike then you can when you're in your car with the stereo up and talking on your cell phone. Also, what traffic noice will you hear before the guy hits you from behind? AND......according to National statistics, if you get hit, it'll most likely be the guy coming at you and making a left in front of you........I do beleive I'll see him whether I have music or not! End of rant.....sorry.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definite improvement and yes they are the Gascans. Not sure if that model works well for riding or running.

What do you think Tai could you wear them in the aero position?

Have to agree there is no problem riding with music.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you are in denial, just don't wear them biking--if you can't keep yourself interested enough in what around you that you need music to ride, you're not looking hard enough. If you don't wear them because of getting hit, at least do so for other riders--when I ride up behind people with headphones on and try to tell them I am there (on your left) they NEVER hear me, its just a pain in the ass. BTW, do you wear a helmet? That's like saying I'll put on my helmet right before I get hit by a car or as I'm doing an endo over the bars...it doesn't work that way. Sorry end of rant.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your concern. My record is zero accidents in 20 years of riding.

I wear a helmet on every ride, live and train in a place with some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere. Still get a buzz out of what I see every day.

Each to their own...try it some time. Maybe music will help you get rid of some of that anger you have. Peace out.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love the way, on this forum, how if you disagree with someone in a reasonable way and make a decent argument, they just HAVE to take a jab at you (i.e., get rid of that anger) anyway.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
- I believe you are in denial - if you can't keep yourself interested enough in what around you that you need music to ride, you're not looking hard enough. - BTW, do you wear a helmet? That's like saying I'll put on my helmet right before I get hit by a car or as I'm doing an endo over the bars...it doesn't work that way.

No you are right you definitely weren't having a go at anyone in your post. If you don't like getting it back don’t start in nancy boy...now run along and have a good cry.
Last edited by: Andy G: Oct 13, 05 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what I'm talking about...and I won't resort to personal attacks. All I was saying was, I don't understand why you need headphones--enjoy the outdoors on their own terms. To each his own, but just be careful out there--

Last edited by: stevezelinger: Oct 13, 05 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just don't see the correlation (sp?) between headphones and getting hit by a car. I still have eyes by the way. I carry on full conversations with the few cyclists I see every year while wearing the headphones. Wearing headphones does not BLOCK other sounds. The ear peices of these glasses do not fit into your ear. They hang just outside the ear, thats why they are great for biking and running. BTW - I ride alone!! AND BTW - I always wear a helmet! It has nothing to do with cars......I can crash all by myself...thank you!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never ride with headphones on... I usually ride in the middle of the road, and every time I hear a car coming up behind me, I just automatically assume it's going to hit me and I immediately steer my bike into the ditch. I do wear a helmet, mostly for this reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed... long live lovin' the shuffle on long rides

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree 100%. I guess you could really blast the tunes so you wouldn't hear anything. I know that at the levels I have mine I can talk with other riders, hear cars (haven't been hit by one so I don't know what that sound it before I am flying through the air) and when I go fast (only down hills for this old fart) or into the wind, I tend to not hear anything but wind noise. If that be the case I either have to train slowly on flat ground on no wind days or go inside on the trainer where I can really crank the tunes and just anoy my kids. Nah, I'll ride with my shuffle, enjoy the view, the other riders AND my music.

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too keep the volume at a level I can hear other people/cars and the music. I also have the ear buds and put a bud in one ear but not the other to ensure that I am in tune with what is around me. It isn't always about getting a rush from your surroundings if you happen to live in an area that requires most of your rides to be in a 6.2 mile loop around the same fricking subdivision every day. I wish it wasn't the case, but the roads where I live are extremely dangerous for cyclists with no bike lane perioud, and the nearest good roads are far enough away to practically do other than weekends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TO is a complete ASS

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Okay, now I'm definetely in. Up to 1gb and they look just like my favorite Oakley Gascans. But ummm, now I'm kinda liking the dorky flip up lens feature... I wonder how these would be fore cycling...

[img]http://mi.oakley.com/site/media/cache/4329d2e6941ea.png_0_0_0.jpg[/img][/reply]

Anyone race with these?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley THUMP PT. II - YES! [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they are too new, illegal for racing anyways with the music, I've run in my Gascans which are the same shape minus the electronics and rubber ear pieces. The Gascans are the best glasses for staying in place but I guess that's why they added the grips on the Thump IIs (the gascans just have smooth plastic arms)
Quote Reply