Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta
Quote | Reply
I have two business trips in the next few weeks to Cincinnati and Atlanta. I think I can figure out where to run and swim, but if I can get some good suggestions for my biggest problems it could really make my trip.
  • In Cincy, is there REALLY good sushi? I don't mean day old, luke warm, shopping strip, bargain imitation used to be sushi. I want the good stuff. Where is the best sushi place?
  • In Atlanta, what are some great places to go for a really nice dinner or drinks? I would like to find a great bar that has live music and a good vibe.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
  • In Cincy, is there REALLY good sushi? I don't mean day old, luke warm, shopping strip, bargain imitation used to be sushi. I want the good stuff. Where is the best sushi place?
Good sushi here in Cincy? Oddly enough there is.......Beluga on Hyde Park Square (which happens to be the center of the universe in Cincy), Bankok Bistro about 1-2 miles down the road, not quite as expensive but still very tastey, Saki Bomb a little further down the same road, nice product, cute place average price. In Mount Lookout which is a mile south of HP Square is Sushi Ray also good. Now the BEST BEST sushi here is in Mount Adams at Mount Adam's Fish house. It's pretty expensive but damn good......let me know if you want specific's on any of these places!!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keeping your sanity in Cincy might be difficult... everyone I know from there is a basket case ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Keeping your sanity in Cincy might be difficult... everyone I know from there is a basket case ;-)
Being mean and nasty to Cincy people again eh? You're just sad that you don't live here with all the cool kids....
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [greydog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen, Mary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I said people I know... that goes for my favorite girls Marisol and trigoneroadie :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jealousy will get you nowhere, SAC :)

greydog is dead on for sushi recommendations. If your company is picking up the tab, I am sure you can talk about your business to greydog, marisol and I over sushi...
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [trigoneroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahhh...that's my girl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mucho thanks!!!

I'll try Beluga or maybe Mount Adams if it isn't too far. I make it a general rule to avoid any sushi house with 'bomb' in its name.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saki bomb is the name of a drink they serve there, actually. They take a shot of saki and rest in on chopsticks over a pint of beer. Everyone at the bar says '1-2-3-saki bomb!' and bangs their fists on the bar, causing the chopsticks to move, the saki to drop into the beer and then you drink it... very festive and not so civilized ;)
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [trigoneroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yuck! Why ruin perfectly good Guiness with saki? :) Call me a snob, but I only eat at sushi places where you can drink your saki out of a wooden box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stl, i'm in ATL, so pm me if you need some places to go. generally, the virginia highlands neighborhood has good music and food, although i know a great blues/beer/bbq place as well, but it's a bit of a dive.

bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you guys didnt bring me there why? I like good Sushi. Thankfully for me a Sushi place owned by the original Beni Hanna or how ever you spell it is less than a mile from my house..the owner even had Morrimotto come visit him...that much talent...and he moves to Rockford Il...huh....flys in the fish every day...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]saki bomb is the name of a drink they serve there, actually. They take a shot of saki and rest in on chopsticks over a pint of beer. Everyone at the bar says '1-2-3-saki bomb!' and bangs their fists on the bar, causing the chopsticks to move, the saki to drop into the beer and then you drink it... very festive and not so civilized ;)[/reply]

I am surprised you know so much about drinks LOL :-)
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [wdrhoads] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding? Blues/Beer/BBQ are my three favorite things in life. It being a dive is just icing on the cake. What's the name of the place? I can find it on Mapquest. I'm staying downtown at the Westin so it should be easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, if you like blues there is a big bluesfest going on downtown Cincinnati this weekend. it should be righteous. i can't wait, after all this bullshit i've already been through this week with work.

anyway, there is also good sushi in madeira...two blocks down from me. PM me if you're interested in meeting up for lunch or dinner. The place is called Amarin.

don't know if you'll have your bike or whatnot, but there will be alot of training going on, etc. i think you'll have a good time here. and if not, just come get drunk with me...lol.

kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: Jul 27, 05 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Martinis, KC?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyday, anytime, anyplace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some day (soon) when our insanely hectic lives slow down, we are going to have a martini together. And discuss Wedding Crashers.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I'll look forward to that!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and I'd like to talk business if that's ok...maybe do some brainstorming for marketing, or exchange some contacts for networking. a meeting like this is always better with a martini...lol!!!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Help me keep my sanity in Cincy and Atlanta [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually Chip, we did bike right by the one place in Hyde Park I think ;) You were probably too busy staring at all the plastic surgery wonders in our fair city :)

I'll second the Mt. Adams Fish House rec - good Sushi for sure. Although in Cincy magazine, I think the new place in West Chester on Tylersville was voted #1, sorry.

Quote | Reply
Yep. Now we have two things on the agenda: business and movies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
naturally. what else is there in life?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wine and Triathlons (and ridiculous amounts of training)! :) You missed some good homebrew India Pale Ale and Heffewiezen tonight kitty.

Prev Next