Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OK..going to pull the trigger on NEW race wheels..
Quote | Reply
Opinions.....I am looking at Zipp, BR, and Planet X.....I have had 808's ....no problems at all...I may go with a disc and very deep in front.......I like PX....they appear to be very customer centered.....I may go with a 200 rear 100 front BR.........AAACK!

just looking for opinions.......

thanks....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: OK..going to pull the trigger on NEW race wheels.. [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I would stick with the Zipps. I don't have any experience with BR or Planet X but all the Zipps I have owned have been that much better than any other wheel I have had. Get a set of 999's ..or why not Z9''s .they would look sweet on your Blade!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmm ... Nice choice. Planet-X 101 front (with black Sapim spokes) and rear disc. Can't get more aero that that! And TOGETHER they cost about what a rear Zipp disc costs.

Quote | Reply
fwiw, I ordered a set of PX for this year. 101/82 combo and i plan on running them at St Croix, Placid, and Kona. I thought they were the best bang/buck combo. and like you said the customer service was great. Give peter @ zedsport a call and he'll hook you up.

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're actually looking to upgrade from the 808, Nimble Crosswind all the way.

Crazy sturdy, great for climbing, superior aerodynamics (if you don't mind using certain forks), and wicked acceleration. They are really the only wheel that has every advantage a racer could ask for.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: OK..going to pull the trigger on NEW race wheels.. [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man....that is were I am leaning...

Quote Reply
Re: OK..going to pull the trigger on NEW race wheels.. [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had Nimbles......too flexy for me....

Quote Reply
Re: OK..going to pull the trigger on NEW race wheels.. [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should try other brand and realise how much more you are paying for nothing.... i can say botn blackwell and planet x are top quality and i even prefer them to zipp.... i have tons of experience with all of these brands.....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply