Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SO we are about 7 miles from the bike finish, and Bjorn has outclimbed everyone.. HE is now about 66 seconds ahead of Leito, who got to within 50 seconds at his closest..Both of those guys have crushed the field, Llanos is solo at 5 minutes back, and the Macca, Cartmell, and what appears to be, a blown Bozonne. He is at the back of this trio and they are 6 minutes back. Paul said Macca was trying to encourage Bozonne to keep up, but unless he is just laying back for a big run, he may be toast. WH is toast is David Thompson, he is next at 8 minutes back, then at 8:30 is Hoffman, and then Chris Legh is 9 minutes back. This is our first sighting of Hoffman and Chris. He will need one of his patented 1:14 runs to podium here today I think..It is setting up for a lot of great passes on the run today, lots of time gaps, some big ones, and the best runners coming from behind.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fraser Cartmell was 7th at 70.3 World Champs 07. His run at California 70.3 was held up by a couple of toilet stops.

He is in my Tri team and is an awesome athlete. Just wait and see what he does!!!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [Tri Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will be in good company at the start of the run, that is for sure. Macca and Bozonne should set some nice pace for him. How does he climb???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He won UK 70.3 which has a very hilly run.

This year he has already had podium finishes at South Africa 70.3 and Xterra South Africa.

Take a look at totalracinginc.com for a bit more info on him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, you're right. I had thought this was the first stop in the DKT challenge, but it doesn't start until next month at Alcatraz. He always races his way into shape throughout the season, so he's still got another month to go with FL 70.3 and a couple small midwest races before Alcatraz..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a side note Jessi Stensland is racing tomorrow...not as a pro. Looks like she is returning to triathlon.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's great to see Jessi back in the saddle again. I wonder if she was doing any TV commentary there for todays race?? I've seen her around at some races, but always in front of the camera..I suppose she photographs pretty good....(-; (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I'm trying to get some kind of run update, but the coverage is just really bad out there, and the run is on a lot of trails where there is no acess. So it will be spotty at best from here on out. I would have expected that the last bike times would have just gotten bigger between the riders and groups in the last 7 miles, but not a lot. Paul said the wind was not too bad out there, and that coupled with the cool temps, I would expect that both Bjorn and Leito would break the bike course record set by Larsen. Have to wait for the swim splits to see who may have got the record, and or fastest bike. But definately between those two....

If anyone has any info from the course, please post what ever you hear, Thanks....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend and she are staying at the same Home Stay. Not sure if she's doing an commentary.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I just say thanks for these updates. There is a bunch of us in the UK who have been trying to find out what is happening with the race so this is great.

It also means we can text his family to let them know what is happening.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [Tri Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem Phil, I enjoy this stuff. I just wish we had official coverage, and a crew out there with constant updates. Paul has done great so far, but he is stuffed on the run protion. IF they started on time, they should be at the 9 or 10 mile mark of the run by now, so it won't be long before we know what happened to whom out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark, just wait. If I had not been sick, I would have my Myathlete GPS unit down there. I was going to
try and have gotten some for today's race, but when I knew I could not go, ... I do see there is a unit at
the race. Trying to find out if it will be used for the Oly race.
We are so so close to not having to do this kind of stuff anymore, we can watch live. Trying to see which next
event they can use the existing units they have.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to head out the door for a ride, but I really want to know who won first...!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any updates, are you just guessing, or did you hear results already. They should definately be done on the mens side....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Results are up on the live web site if you enter individual names. I didn't look up everyone, but looks like Macca took it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here http://events.bazumedia.com/race/WILDFLWR2008/PRO you can search each athlete individually and it's working. It says 4:00 for McCormack, 4:01 for Llanos and 4:03 for Lieto. Legh in 4:04.

Bozzone and Cartmell are around 4:05 along with Andersson. So if I'm not missing anyone, those are the results.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Last edited by: Klep: May 3, 08 12:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the women at the start of the run, looks like Cave led it out with McGlone on her heels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like:

1. Macca
2. Llanos
3. Lieto
4. Legh
5. Cartmell
6. Bozzone
7. Anderson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Legh must have had a hell of a run to get up that far. I'm guessing he ran equal to Macca or better, I don't know the exact bike difference...

I cannot get any results off that page, I think you have to pay $4 or something. Maybe Diana could post the results, and an update of the top 10 women going into the run if possible.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the same site, looks like 1:15 for Macca's run, 1:16 for Llanos and Legh, 1:18 for Bozzone, 1:20 for Cartmell, 1:23 for Lieto, 1:26 for Andersson

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Last edited by: Klep: May 3, 08 12:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you get the site to work?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL WILDFLOWER RESULTS AND UPDATES... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You go to the Find Athlete and write one's last name. It should appear a dropdown menu with the athlete.

Last edited by: Klep: May 3, 08 12:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is one hell of a race, it looks like every place was just seperated by 20 to 30 seconds. Bjorn and Leito were holding on for dear life, and they did well to stay so close. Good runs from all the good runners, except Bozonne who faded as it looked like he would on the bike. I think this is Bjorn's and Leito's best times on the course. Macca and Llanos must have been neck and neck almost the entire run, and Leito's run was pretty dam good to hold that 3rd spot. A lot of action out on that course, about 5 minutes seperating 1st and 7th..... HAsn't been that tight since I can remember....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Legh must have had a hell of a run to get up that far. I'm guessing he ran equal to Macca or better, I don't know the exact bike difference...

I cannot get any results off that page, I think you have to pay $4 or something. Maybe Diana could post the results, and an update of the top 10 women going into the run if possible.....
I was able to get results when I clicked on the link. Anyhow, looks like S. Larsen didn't start. No splits available for him.

Congratulations to Macca.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply

Prev Next