Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutrition at the office
Quote | Reply
This may not be the place to ask and it's probably been discussed at length before, but (you knew that was coming) what do you fellow white collar desk jockeys snack on while you earn that dollar?

Carrots and hummus are getting a little payed out.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition at the office [quid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bananas, nuts, clif bar if I have a quick ride before dinner, coke zero.

People look at me odd when I turn down birthday cake and doughnuts. Even after working with them for 3 years.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clif bars, apples, bananas, dried figs (my favorite), dates, raw oat meal.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M&M's. They're everywhere!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almonds, tuna packages, carrots, Luna/Cliff bars, protein shakes, cottage cheese. I keep a small fridge in my office and a big bottle of whiskey in my closet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daily go-to's are:

Banana w/ Almond Butter
Apple - Pink Lady is my favorite
One serving of Hammer Recoverite in the afternoon if I worked out at lunch
Celery with Almond Butter
One more Banana
Nonfat Greek Yogurt (Fage is my favorite brand) - i'll add Granola and Berries if I'm training after work, but prefer to have my workouts done by 5pm

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition at the office [Netrepus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Netrepus wrote:
People look at me odd when I turn down birthday cake and doughnuts
Haha, I know what you mean! For my IMs I was pretty strict about my diet and became the party pooper at work for turning all the goodies down and not going out to lunch. I always brought my meals in a big red cooler to work and became known as the "organ donor guy" (people thought I had kidneys or a heart in my cooler)!

My go to snacks at work are apples, bananas, almonds, raisins & other dried fruit, occasional trail mix, celery, carrots, and if I want to splurge, a HempForce shake.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition at the office [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
M&M's. They're everywhere!

We have buckets of M&M's everywhere as well. They're my nemesis...
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition at the office [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kentucky Mac wrote:
Netrepus wrote:
People look at me odd when I turn down birthday cake and doughnuts
Haha, I know what you mean! For my IMs I was pretty strict about my diet and became the party pooper at work for turning all the goodies down and not going out to lunch. I always brought my meals in a big red cooler to work and became known as the "organ donor guy" (people thought I had kidneys or a heart in my cooler)!

No matter how many times I have to tell the CEO's AA not to order me food for the board meeting, she still asks (and is surprised by my "nothing please") every single Tuesday morning. My secretary knows the drill, she orders everybody else food and picks me up some raw almonds/veggie tray.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fruite and whey smoothie
Brown Rice cake with Almond Butter and some banana slices or raisins
Mixed veggies with hummus
Greek yogurt with berries and a sprinkling of granola or muesli
PB&J on whole wheat bread is always good
Nuts
Fruit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a small frig in my office. Every Monday morning I stock it up with fruit, Greek yogurt and cold water, enough to last the week. I have Coach's Oats, Clif bars and tuna packs in my cabinet. Yes, I am also the party pooper at work since I turn down the usual junk food floating around the office. I usually make a small salad at home each morning and bring it to work. I have a couple of race numbers from Oceanside and Vineman along with some medals hanging behind me desk so people understand why I eat the way I do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morning snack is carrots or almonds. I also have a decent selection of clif/kind/kashi/etc. bars in a drawer by my desk for the afternoon. I eat at my desk or in a noon meeting 99% of the time which means sushi or salad from our cafeteria.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition at the office [King of Pain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much the same as above. Yogurt, nuts, banana, cottage cheese, peanut butter, raisins, granola.

I, too, am the no cake guy who also goes easy at happy hour and if we go out to lunch. I take a fair amount of crap for it. Then, in the same sentence, everyone tells me I'm lucky because I'm so skinny. Well duh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
peanut M&Ms mixed with cocktail peanuts. What's the point of exercise if you don't enjoy some treats now and then.../every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat like 6 or 7 meals a day (of 300-500 calories, so not that much total food), so I don't snack per say. Back when I had to go into the office (haha), I would do something like

11am: Eat a sandwich or some leftovers from dinner
2pm: Cottage cheese + apple sauce
5pm: Banana + peanut butter or cliff bar

Something like that.. I am pretty boring. I can eat the above meal list every day and not care. As long as I eat a lot of small meals, I am never hungry and stay trim. The American way of 1000 calorie meals 3 times a day kill me, I can't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
King of Pain wrote:
I have a small frig in my office.

Holy moly, doesnt your employer mind? We get the sack (and maybe prison) for that sort of thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carrots and Beans need a break. Agreed :)

Have you tried the notorious "green smoothie"? Bring a big container/mason jar of blended greens/banana/berries/avocado/nuts/chia. Satiated and refreshing.

Although you may probably get the same "Who are you" looks from turning down the cake and donuts as you do drinking the green stuff (although beet powder is a good purple hue).

More filling than you might think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
King of Pain wrote:
I have a couple of race numbers from Oceanside and Vineman along with some medals hanging behind me desk so people understand why I eat the way I do.

Pics or it didn't happen

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh! Someone brought some damn gelato into the office and while I tried to get away from it, a few scoops jumped down my throat!

I usually go with a couple of bananas a day, an apple, almonds, granola, whatever. I am like the post above that said they can eat the same thing every day all year without change.
Quote Reply