Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Numbness
Quote | Reply
In a very "private" region 24 hours after the ride ended. Never had this before. Only rode about 50 miles.

It was cold, about 45 degrees, with a good amount of rain. My feet were numb when I finished (socks got soaked!) but they are just fine now....why is numbness still leftover from "down there"??

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Numbness [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You pinch nerves sometimes on long rides - its like putting a 2x4 between your legs and tapping on the end with a hammer for a couple of hours. After trying everything I advise the following: get a brooks B17, some good bib shorts with a thick pad and dont ride as much and you can reduce the damage to your loins - ultimately there will be some and I have had what you are describing many times esp when I used to ride aluminum bikes and seats like fizik/ selle etc. It will go away after a couple of days/ sometimes a week but in time there will be some nerve damage and it won't be what it once was.
Last edited by: ictheostega: Apr 2, 07 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: Numbness [ictheostega] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes! I have some shorts I've loved for about a full season now. Never had this issue before...

Maybe I'll check into a softer saddle....I have the stock one on my F4C right now.

Quote Reply
Re: Numbness [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is THE REASON I switched to a Selle SMP Strike Saddle...no numbness yet, but only 100 miles on the saddle. And I even paid retail for the saddle. That doesn't happen often ;)

--Roberto

Representing:
De Soto Clothing
Marin Bicycles
Chariot Carriers
Karhu Skis
Kayland Boots
Nemo Tents
Quote Reply
Re: Numbness [RogueClimber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly not a cheap saddle!

Quote Reply
Re: Numbness [RogueClimber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is THE REASON I switched to a Selle SMP Strike Saddle...no numbness yet, but only 100 miles on the saddle. And I even paid retail for the saddle. That doesn't happen often ;)
Me too. I've put almost 400 miles on my SMP so far and still no problems with numbness. The "sit bones" got a little sore at first but it's been nothing but comfy since.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"A bucket...if you haven't puked in it you could be going harder."
- Lazy Ben
Quote Reply