Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Note to WTC's Peter Henning
Quote | Reply
Hopefully it will eventually get back to him.

FREAKING EXCELLENT COVERAGE THIS YEAR! One of the best IMH programs in a very, very long time. You did a marveious job. Thanks!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? Seriously? Couldn't disagree more.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree - this may be one of the best since the last Mark Allen race. We are far beyond too much race coverage - but this was really good. (and remember - we are not the targeted audience - we will watch if it is 90 minutes of one port-a-john).
Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's always good race coverage if you were IN it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...remember - we are not the targeted audience - we will watch if it is 90 minutes of one port-a-john).
Exactly. Which is why this year was so poor and last was so good. Just 10 mins in, my wife turned to me to complain.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen it yet but don't you think it may be because this was the best RACE in years. I can only think you are all gushing because it is race coverage and not focused on the special interest people.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought last year's coverage was horrible.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy,

I agree.

I will be sure to send thank you notes to my contacts involved.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought last year's coverage was horrible.

Do you have last year's on DVD? I didn't think it was all that special until a 2nd or 3rd viewing.

I'd bet that if you were to show both '04 and '05 to your parents, neighbors, co-workers, etc., nearly all would prefer last year's.

Sure, this year had some admirable *moments*, but overall it was almost without drama. And drama is what captures and holds the non-tri audience. Hell, we watch that lifeless bland coverage of the other IMs on OLN!

Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/reply]Do you have last year's on DVD? I didn't think it was all that special until a 2nd or 3rd viewing.[/reply]

Yeah, I have them all from 1984-current. This year was definitely better than 2004....I actually watched 2004 while running yesterday.

Of course, 2003 was the best...'cause I was there!! ;-)

HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was very disappointed. Can't put my finger on why. It just seemed lacking. My daughter actually got up to go finish her chores.
Quote Reply
Re: Note to WTC's Peter Henning [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[/reply]Do you have last year's on DVD? I didn't think it was all that special until a 2nd or 3rd viewing.[/reply]

Yeah, I have them all from 1984-current. This year was definitely better than 2004....

HC

Nah, you must be mistaken. ;-)

Now show them to non-tri parents, friends, neighbors, enemies. Let them vote. If I knew you, I'd bet $1000 that '04 wins by at least 5-1. Make that 10-1.

Quote Reply