Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not recovering IT Band Friction Syndrome!! [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
I had a real bad case of ITB, stopped running for four months, massage, foam roller, nothing worked. My wife got me an Xbox of Christmas, the functional movements in Xbox Sports solved the issue, I was running in Mid January.

+1. Rest, massage, etc did nothing. Chiro was a waste too. Get those hips flexible again. Lots of very deliberate stretching fixed it. Did some yoga for a while too. Tight hips are altering your mechanics and muscle firing patterns and, simply put, causing you to move wrong and stress this tendon.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Not recovering IT Band Friction Syndrome!! [sedelany] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weight lifting. That's what healed mine.
Squats, deadlifts, adductor and abductor machine. 2x per week and you'll see it go away in a couple months.
Quote Reply
Re: Not recovering IT Band Friction Syndrome!! [rstucke35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rstucke35 wrote:
My issue was eventually linked to my gait - specifically my cross-over gait. My right foot and left foot when running in a straight line would cross over each other. Check out the Gait Guys for a better explanation and video.

I coupled better running technique (forcing myself to have a wider gait) and muscle strengthening exercises (single leg squats).
x2 on the gait: when I started to force my feet to land under my hip sockets (rather than on the 'symmetry line', my "just-below-the-front/outside-of-knee" pain went away or became "controlable".

Another thing, my knee pain never went away with less running, it always helped to run more often, but always quitting when the pain started. That way I could increase the running volume and reduce the knee problem.

The ROI from exercises and stretching was poor compared to the two above. YMMV...
Quote Reply

Prev Next