Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes
Quote | Reply
Question to Norcom Straight Owners,
is anyone running 25mm tires in conjunction with some new deep wheels?
I am worried about the rear wheel fitting in, and the TRP brakes in the front.
speaking of TRP brakes, has anyone replaced them in the front with something else?
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2014 norcom straight and new boyd rims (don't remember dimensions, but they are wide). 25mm conti gp 4000s ii would not work. I could get them in, but they would rub something. It was really minor, but I noticed because it was starting to wear the tire on the sides. It might just be wheel flex on my specific wheelset, but I would stick with 23mm's if I was you.
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes [lupy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm looking at Boyd's also!
Nice wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bypasskid wrote:
Nice wheels?

I had mine built up differently from prowheelbuilder . com using hope pro disc hubs, but I think they are great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a HED Jet + disc on mine, and it's fine (although I've got a 23mm tire on it). I've had a Flo 30 on the front (again with a 23mm tire).

The dropouts in the rear give a good amount of adjustment and might help you with a larger tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run Hed Jet 5's with 25mm tires. Plenty of room for clearance.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you could run all the way up to 28mm
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes [ltc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool ok
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Norcom Straight and I'm running a Super 9 Clincher with a 25mm tired on the back.
Quote Reply
Re: Norcom Straight 25mm tires and newer wheels, and TRP brakes [lupy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lupy wrote:
Bypasskid wrote:
Nice wheels?

I had mine built up differently from prowheelbuilder . com using hope pro disc hubs, but I think they are great!

Idk much about measurements but would these work? Roval CLX64s. . External rim width is 29.9
Quote Reply