Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA?
Quote | Reply
let's put the focus where it belongs.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there a story here I'm unaware of?
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes. ask a journalist, if you can find one around here.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try and gen up the required amount of outrage if you post some background info. What did they do, reinstate all of Lance's wins or something?

Spot

Quote | Reply
does this have to do with the fondo he is to ride this weekend with Hincapie ?
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nah, just the usual. It irks me that people go ape over somebody racing a GF when there are current active members of USAC and trade teams that were also involved in said somebody's banning, and that the guy seeking the ban, while doing the right thing in that moment, has mucked the whole thing up in the big picture and lost credibility.

did you ever see that social network link diagram I posted during all the LA donnybrooks and hullabaloo here on ST back in 2012?

one small tidbit - here's a quote from VN:

"In March, (USAC CEO) Johnson fell under scrutiny after the publication of Juliet Macur’s book, “Cycle of Lies,” in which former U.S. Postal rider David Zabriskie said that he told Johnson of the Postal team’s drug usage shortly after Frankie Andreu’s admission of PED use in 2006.
Johnson denied the allegation, telling VeloNews that he had learned for the first time of Zabriskie’s allegations in an excerpt from Macur’s book, “published without her ever having contacted me regarding these claims.” Both Macur and Zabriskie disputed Johnson’s version of events."

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/...#CHosJoQ7hReZR1r1.99

Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is Tygart or USAC CEO Johnson riding a Fondo?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no , LA and others are though.

Here is the link (I thought maybe you were referencing this):

http://velonews.competitor.com/...incapie-fondo_350166
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're right, I am referencing that, but I'm trying not to. I'm being snarky to draw attention to the issues that really matter and that are still unresolved/unknown that cropped up during the whole LA debacle... ie. what the actual f*ck is going/went on at USAC and with Tygart.

I'm also trying to draw attention to the fact, through my ommission of the Fondo riders, that people write about them over and over for the clicks,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

More intrigued that George and LA are still friends. I thought/was told George was one of the 'damning' witnesses.

Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ask Greg Anderson how it goes for refusing to testify before a grand jury.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think it would be "riding" not "racing" as it's a non-competitive event.

But to your point, over time I've come around to what I think you're getting at. There are those who have been caught and those who haven't (yet), but still a lot of rotten apples hanging on the tree. And they're not just riders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eric, maybe i'm just dehydrated, but it seems you are being a bit vague. are you upset that lance would be riding in a gran fondo? as for it being against the rules of his lifetime ban, what can USAC really do, give him a ban for 2 lifetimes? either way, they'll probably drop the ban after 8 years.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No

Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetence of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll check that off the list of things you are potentially upset about.

I'm not typically a grammar-nazi because I invariably make mistakes as well, but there is something ironic about misspelling incompetence when you are describing someone to be just that.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetence of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Timmy fall down the well Lassie? Is that what's wrong?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
no , LA and others are though.

Here is the link (I thought maybe you were referencing this):

http://velonews.competitor.com/...incapie-fondo_350166

Sounds like a nice dopers reunion going on. Tejay Van Garderen a big time doping apologist with his quotes.

http://velonews.competitor.com/...ondo-hincapie_349986
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [mcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find unfortunate for today's guys like Tejay is they have to deal with fans like you, who label him an apologist because he expressed understanding for the past generation's indiscretions. That's really a unique interpretation, basically he doesn't express a degree of outrage that some deem necessary, so clearly he's advocating for the past.

There's irony in that most of the younger pro's opinions, who have to deal with those questions, expressed similar sentiment. Yet some fans are still boiling over with anger.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Yet some fans are still boiling over with anger.

and this is the crux of my post.

If you're going to boil over, boil over at the right people, and boil over at a part of the story that still hasn't been told. At this point ranting about what the riders are doing/did is pointless, and is basically just click bait from weak sites like VN, ESPN, and others.

I'd rather see some critical thinking about the bigger players.... Tygart/USADA, Och, Weisel, USAC, Tailwind, Oakley, Nike, Trek, etc.

I realize this is a big ask, tilting at windmills, especially based on this small brouhaha of a Fondo that only involves Tygart and USAC, but still.

Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
What I find unfortunate for today's guys like Tejay is they have to deal with fans like you, who label him an apologist because he expressed understanding for the past generation's indiscretions. That's really a unique interpretation, basically he doesn't express a degree of outrage that some deem necessary, so clearly he's advocating for the past.

There's irony in that most of the younger pro's opinions, who have to deal with those questions, expressed similar sentiment. Yet some fans are still boiling over with anger.

If I were in their shoes with the exact same pressures, etc., I would easily see that I may have done the same thing. Anyone who can say with 100% certainty they would not have are
just, well, ...

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the most sensible post I've read on this topic in the past 2.5 years. As a so-so triathlete in my 40s with a family the choice is obvious, but I do wonder what I would have done in my early 20s if I had enough ability to be a pro cyclist. Obviously some guys were strong enough to say no (at great cost) and I'm full of admiration for them, I hope I would have been as noble.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Chick Hicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chick Hicks wrote:
This is the most sensible post I've read on this topic in the past 2.5 years. As a so-so triathlete in my 40s with a family the choice is obvious, but I do wonder what I would have done in my early 20s if I had enough ability to be a pro cyclist. Obviously some guys were strong enough to say no (at great cost) and I'm full of admiration for them, I hope I would have been as noble.

+1

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
No

I think the real question is what happens to your username when you age-out of your age group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycle of Lies and Wheelmen absolutely do reveal the corruption within USAC and I am disgusted with it as you are.

I'm not sure why you are disgusted with Tygart though, he was the only one that stood up to all of that. The granfondo thing may seem silly but he just dogmatically applies the rules. That is why he was able to bring down Bruyneel and others when nobody else would. Don't expect him to stop dogmatically applying the rules based on how trivial they seem to you.

ericM40-44 wrote:
you're right, I am referencing that, but I'm trying not to. I'm being snarky to draw attention to the issues that really matter and that are still unresolved/unknown that cropped up during the whole LA debacle... ie. what the actual f*ck is going/went on at USAC and with Tygart.

I'm also trying to draw attention to the fact, through my ommission of the Fondo riders, that people write about them over and over for the clicks,

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would I have done the drugs? Sure! Good chance I would if I had been in there shoes.

But read one of the books like "Wheelmen" or Cycle of Lies that you take you deep inside the scenes and reveal what special kinds of assholes Weisel/Bruyneel/Armstrong were and ask yourself if you would have been like them. I sure hope most of us would not have done the same as those guys.

h2ofun wrote:

If I were in their shoes with the exact same pressures, etc., I would easily see that I may have done the same thing. Anyone who can say with 100% certainty they would not have are
just, well, ...

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply

Prev Next