Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No longer able to use ERG mode on Zwift
Quote | Reply
     I have been using my wahoo kickr with Zwfit for several months. In the past, during my rides I would use the wahoo app to switch back and forth between ERG and Sim mode. for example, if I was doing a long trainer ride I would use ERG mode but as I approached Box hill or some other terrain feature I'd switch to Sim just for the climb. However I no longer have this option, as soon as I start Zwift my Wahoo app switches to Sim mode automatically, I tap ERG mode but it just bounces back to Sim. I am able to use ERG mode only when picking a specific preprogrammed workout on the Zwift menu.
I emailed Zwift tech support with this issue and received the following response "Unfortunately, we don't support using other software to control your trainer while using Zwift, so we can't offer further assistance regarding this issue." I don't understand why I was able to do this in the past but now I can't.
Is anyone else having this issue or know why it has changed?
Quote Reply
Re: No longer able to use ERG mode on Zwift [JoeRedTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just don't pair your Wahoo with Zwift. Well, this solution works if you have a separate powermeter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What James said....also, you can go into settings and change the difficulty of the course. It would be a pain in the arse to do this each time you hit Box Hill, but it can be done.

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think I've ever been able to use ERG mode during a "free ride," only during a training session. I have a PowerBeam Pro.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: No longer able to use ERG mode on Zwift [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was def an option in the past, a friend is now having the same issue. If I was doing a 4hr ride, I'd set it to 220 or so on the wahoo app and just ride in erg mode, switch to sim mode do some climbs and break up the monotony that's all. If I'm forced to ride Sim mode only (unless I'm doing a specific workout) whenever I'm using Zwift, it sort of defeats the purpose of having it no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're asking the wrong person, I use it exclusively for my training plan.

I'd put a feature request in the usual channel and see what people have to say (maybe there's a workaround). It certainly wouldn't be difficult to code.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply