Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Potts at US Pro -St . George
Quote | Reply
No Fredeno either. Lots of great pros though. I know Potts raced last weekend, but hoped to him again.
Kienle, Sanders, A. Raelert will battle.
Fun to see Rinnie is racing.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
No Fredeno either. Lots of great pros though. I know Potts raced last weekend, but hoped to him again.
Kienle, Sanders, A. Raelert will battle.
Fun to see Rinnie is racing.
Pretty sure Sanders is out. Said after the race Sunday he's going to hop straight into another hard training block before Woodlands. McMahon would normally be a really good bet to win St. George, but I'm not sure how his 2015 Ironman focus will affect his speed here.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be 3 weeks in a row for Potts. There is the risk of racing yourself out of shape then not having the fitness for a Full distance event or being able to taper properly for 70.3 Worlds and Kona.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be a great race. I think Rinny is going to give Kessler a run for her money. Kessler usually dominates this race and she always does it on the run. Rinny may change that. As for the men I think without Frodo the podium is Hoffman, Kienle, Don. Hoffman knows this course intimately (past champion) and he is in great shape. Brent Mc may prove me very wrong though (also past champion). We'll see... I'm excited to race there this weekend. Good luck to all who are participating.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
This will be a great race. I think Rinny is going to give Kessler a run for her money. Kessler usually dominates this race and she always does it on the run. Rinny may change that. As for the men I think without Frodo the podium is Hoffman, Kienle, Don. Hoffman knows this course intimately (past champion) and he is in great shape. Brent Mc may prove me very wrong though (also past champion). We'll see... I'm excited to race there this weekend. Good luck to all who are participating.

I personally think Rinny will be a non-factor. I think the battle will come Kessler, Swallow, and Wurtele

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Lock_N_Load wrote:

I personally think Rinny will be a non-factor. I think the battle will come Kessler, Swallow, and Wurtele

Rinny posted on Instagram that she just got over a serious illness (bronchitis I think - TO had it too). I would venture to guess she won't show or she won't be a factor.
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Lock_N_Load wrote:

Rinny posted on Instagram that she just got over a serious illness (bronchitis I think - TO had it too). I would venture to guess she won't show or she won't be a factor.

Well, there goes that... Probably won't show. Too bad. In that case I agree with Tom on the women's race. My money is on Kessler.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget about Tim Reed. He's been crushing the 70.3 distance! Should be a great race.
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reed has a good shot. It will be a ding dong battle.
I wonder if Rinnie can run the other girls down?
Tons of talent. One of the best races outside of Roth and Kona.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit biased, but I think that Luxford and Wurtele will be at the front of this race for most of it if not all of it.

On the men's side, I'm looking at Luke Mckenzie getting back to form.

This is going to be a brutal day as it is going to be in the 90's. The course is tough as is, this is just going to make it even more difficult. Should be a hard fought battle.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does WTC cap the field at usually?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think it sells out or it does the last few days.
Come race!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha. I think I'll do my first race a little more local.

This will be a fun one to watch for sure!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:

This is going to be a brutal day as it is going to be in the 90's. The course is tough as is, this is just going to make it even more difficult. Should be a hard fought battle.

jake

When? At 4pm? Everything I've looked at for weather there seems to have it very cold and slowly gaining throughout the day. By the time the pros are done (or anyone under 4:30), it'll probably only be 75.

I'd love to be proven wrong because I'm ready for the heat but that has been my take away from a couple weather apps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to see Andrew Yoder up there. Dude can swim and can outbike damned near anyone. Hoping to see him finish top 5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The high should be in the 90's, and I'm betting that will be in the early afternoon.

The 24 hour forecasts that I have seen, seem to be creeping up a few degrees at a time each day, getting warmer earlier in the day. I think that it is too early in the week to nail down the actual forecast.

I think one thing is for sure, it will be cold in the morning, and the water will be really cold. After that, it is sure to get hot at some point.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to point out what I've seen... not arguing because I don't know the answer. If someone who lives in SG is on here, they should chime in:

Tomorrow: High of 88: 11am=65; 2pm=80
Saturday: High of 90: 11am=74; 2pm=84

Pros go off at 7 or a little before (I forget); 3:45 won last year.. that's done before 11am. Before it's 74 degrees.

And the same for the wind. Wind is generally low until the early to mid afternoon.

EDIT: This really makes it obvious why the full IM was so damn hard!
Last edited by: BrentwoodTriGuy: Apr 28, 15 15:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No argument from me either.

I have raced there before and froze my ass off in the morning, and was finished before noon, but it was still scorching on the run. Different year, different weather.

Take it for what you will, I can't predict the weather and I hope that it is a cool 75 at 11.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will it be televised?
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Will it be televised?

That's what I'm also looking for: coverage. Anybody know?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weird that it's more notable who's NOT going to the US Pro Championships / NA Championships. How do all these guys skip out on these level races and the cash and the points?

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
The updated start list as of today is as follows:

http://www.ironman.com/...rge%20pro%20list.pdf

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
Don't forget about Tim Reed. He's been crushing the 70.3 distance! Should be a great race.

I will second this. I think Reedy is primed and ready. He is the real deal. I also think Leon Griffin will sneak in there. He is coming on form as of late.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
Will it be televised?

That's what I'm also looking for: coverage. Anybody know?
Not sure on the live coverage. I do know that Quarq is launching the "live tracking" with telemetry information. They had it beta testing in Galveston last weekend and it went well from what I heard. Should be able to track it with that.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: No Potts at US Pro -St . George [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great and thank you!

Any chance that was the cause for several pro's power meters to die? I know at least Sanders's and two other pro's power meters died just from listening to the interviews from Gavelston on TRS.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply