Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No IM Moo for me....:(...update...:)!!
Quote | Reply
Well, I have just been told that I won't be allowed my 4-day pass to go to IM Wisconsin. The unit I am working for down here at Tyndall AFB went to 24/7 ops to support the military effort working Hurricane Katrina. So, a year of training and about $1500 down the drain. I know this is nothing compared to what thousands have lost in the hurricane and its aftermath, but its still pretty frustrating, to say the least. All you ST'ers doing IM Moo...hope you all do well and have a good race, and maybe I'll see you next year.

Spot

Update....0045, 6 Sep....my commander decided to take pity on me and let me go after all!! We got an augmentee in, so our shop is covered, and my bros, to a man, said they would cover for me...those guys are the heat! So, barring any new issues, I'll be there. Thanks for everyone's support!

Last edited by: spot: Sep 5, 05 22:48
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Moo for me....:( [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that sucks. Bad enough when it happens from injury, but to be healthy sucks even more. Still - thanks for helping out down there!

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that Spot. Hopefully the good karma from working at rebuilding the south will come back to you in a big way.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"its just a race" has to be your thinking.

Not the destination, right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up (easy for me to say).

At least ask for a refund. I think that's the least they can do all things considered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the circumstances with the disaster - maybe the RD can change your entry to next year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spot..

although you won't be at MOOO you are EXACTLY the person I would want to come in to rebuild my land and help in recovery process. ALL your training is going to a higher cause, you will be touching lives unlike anything else.

Big time Kharma points scored. I would still contact IMNA and ask for options. I know they state natural disaster aside, but I wonder if there is anything they could do for you. Just be safe out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to hear you can't make it up to Wisco, but you should be proud of what you can do to help out those who are in real need to help in the South. You should definately contact IMNA and see if they will extend you entry for a year - or transfer it to IMFL.

I have a friend who couldn't due IMoo last year due to work and just adjusted her training a bit and did Great Floridian instead - the adjustment was minor and she did great so you might be able to just push your fitness through November if IMNA will move your entry to FL...
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Moo for me....:( [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with cidewar - there's a tremendous amount of goodwill to be gained by whoever runs the IM races (WTC???) by supporting those who are helping the victims of Katrina.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Moo for me....:(...update...:)!! [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump....

Quote | Reply
that's great man. glad you're getting to go after all.

have a great race!

________

70.3 is the cousin to OD........ Ironman has no relatives! -Simon Lessing

Quote Reply
Re: No IM Moo for me....:(...update...:)!! [johnsonpt1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! And think cool, autumn thoughts...

Make sure you do your duty and enlist yourself in the TNO/ST smackdown!
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Moo for me....:(...update...:)!! [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
w00p!

Good luck Spot!

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply