Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO
Quote | Reply
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736376/Deputy-killed-former-Napster-COO-drifting-bike-lane-distracted-laptop-NOT-face-charges-answering-work-related-email.html

I find this appalling. California is stating that because the office was typing an email that was work related he is not liable for veering into the bike lane and killing this cyclist. I hope the family prevails with wrongful death lawsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736376/Deputy-killed-former-Napster-COO-drifting-bike-lane-distracted-laptop-NOT-face-charges-answering-work-related-email.html

I find this appalling. California is stating that because the office was typing an email that was work related he is not liable for veering into the bike lane and killing this cyclist. I hope the family prevails with wrongful death lawsuit.

What kind of fucked up logic is this?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Fleck [ In reply to ]
Re: No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
No where near as serious, but this week.....

How is this related to the OP?
Last edited by: Brushman: Sep 2, 15 8:34
Quote Reply
Re: No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Indeed. This is apalling.

It perpetuates and reinforces the oldest and lamest excuse in the book that all motorists make - "I didn't see him/her"

As if whatever they were doing, to be distracted from the act of seeing where they are going and being engaged in driving, was more important!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is this related to the OP?

Thank you. You are right - it's not really. I'm taking it down

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Sep 2, 15 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: No Charges for Officer who Killed former Napster COO [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, I kind of see Fleck's post in a similar vein. Both cops didn't care about doing what was right, which unfortunately lead to the loss of life in one situation. They were both too caught up in the moment. Not saying that is a good excuse for either of them to do what they did.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply