Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Strapless Swim Goggles
Quote | Reply
I just noticed that Nike now makes a strapless swim goggle. It looks like a swedish-type design that comes with "gaskets" made out of double-sided medical adhesive. You put a new adhesive on each time you use them. The $25 price includes a pack of 20 adhesives and you can get additional 20 packs for $20. I think I might give them a try. Has anyone used them yet?

https://secure5.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=swimshop&BusType=BtoC&Count1=482372462&Count2=399512887&ProductID=271&Target=products.asp
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Strapless Swim Goggles [cyclistmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How can you test if they fit (w/o buying them and using the adhesive)? I always press goggles to my face and see if they stay put. I wonder if this would work the same.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happens if/when you get whacked in the face during the swim?

They are meant for record-breaking race attempts. Nike came out with them before the Athens Olympics, but I don't recall any of the Nike athletes using them. The idea was that no nosepiece meant lower drag.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, $1 for a little bit of double sided tape? talk about profit!

BTW, the skin near your eyes is very very sensitive, continuing to apply and remove adhesive tape strong enough to keep water out will likely irritate it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds about as comfortable as strapless bras. great. are straps that much of a burden?

and i am allergic to medical adhesive. i'll pass.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Strapless Swim Goggles [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What happens if/when you get whacked in the face during the swim?
I made the mistake of swimming with the Sweedish "Socket rockets" in my last open water tri. I took an elbow to the lens, and my eye hurt for a good four days.
Quote Reply