Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nike Cycling shoes...
Quote | Reply
Wondering why Nike doesn't release their cycling shoes to the public and only Adam Blythe gets them? These are pretty awesome!

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must say I wonder what makes Adam Blythe so special, at least from the perspective of Nike. They look pretty sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are BAD AZZ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have my Poggio 4s and they are super light and stiff. Too bad they don't do cycling or tri-stuff anymore...I blame LANCE. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely LOVE those shoes, but I too wonder why Adam Blythe with like 3 career shit small wins is deserving of a one off shoe from Nike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's all email nike and ask for some. I have some AG podiums. Think they'll go for it? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
Must say I wonder what makes Adam Blythe so special, at least from the perspective of Nike. They look pretty sweet.

Maybe by choosing a mediocre racer (according to others in the thread) Nike avoids the risk of employing a doper who will "win at all costs" or "stop at nothing to win" (LANCE ARMSTRAONG)?? Either way those are the nicest shoes I've ever seen in cycling. Remind me of the Tim Duncan Foamposite 1 basketball shoes from the late 90s I used to wear.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Nov 6, 14 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Staz wrote:

Maybe by choosing a mediocre racer they avoid the risk of employing a doper who will "win at all costs" or "Stop at nothing to win" ?? Either way those are the nicest shoes I've ever seen in cycling. Remind me of the Tim Duncan Foamposite 1 basketball shoes from the late 90s

No idea what you're talking about.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly original Foamposite's were made for Penny Hardaway.

I'll be out at Nike HQ next week for meetings, will have to see if any of those cycling shoes are sitting around unattended.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be the voice of dissent... You couldn't pay me to wear those.

(Okay, you probably could pay me but you couldn't force me to look at my feet and like them. Fugly)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of Nike cycling shoes maybe five years ago for my son at a cycling swap meet. they are Postal blue and carbon soles are OCLV made by Trek. Shoes say made in Italy. they look like really high end shoes but must be 10 years old. I am guessing they were some kind of design for US Postal given the Nike & Trek connection.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

(Okay, you probably could pay me but you couldn't force me to look at my feet and like them. Fugly)

Ditto, the chrome is hideous. Pretty much any other color and they would be really nice looking.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been custom ones for some years now....

These also seem very similar to their Mercurial soccer cleats which already have a carbon sole. I've wondered if it was possible to somehow convert those to cycling shoes, but obviously it would be much easier if Nike would just release some of these to the public even in normal colors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mile2424 wrote:
He's been custom ones for some years now....

These also seem very similar to their Mercurial soccer cleats which already have a carbon sole. I've wondered if it was possible to somehow convert those to cycling shoes, but obviously it would be much easier if Nike would just release some of these to the public even in normal colors.

DROOOOOOOL!!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gross, wtf is going on with his skin in that last picture. Has he ever heard of sunscreen?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stop2think wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:

Ditto, the chrome is hideous. Pretty much any other color and they would be really nice looking.

Tritto. They look like something an space hero would wear in a 1970's Sci-fi film. All that's missing is a silver jumpsuit. And they don't look all that breathable - are they for cold weather?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMike wrote:
I bought a pair of Nike cycling shoes maybe five years ago for my son at a cycling swap meet. they are Postal blue and carbon soles are OCLV made by Trek. Shoes say made in Italy. they look like really high end shoes but must be 10 years old. I am guessing they were some kind of design for US Postal given the Nike & Trek connection.

The old Nike/USPS shoes were made by DMT for Nike.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are right that the older Poggio's or whatever were made by DMT, but I think the new ones the last few years are just one off's from Nike. I think Levi was wearing some as well in his last year or so.

Here's a few of the soccer shoes that look very similar minus the boa and lace structure, and remove the cleats on the bottom...

And the material on the first pic has been used before....

Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2, looks like he microwaved his legs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the similarity to soccer cleats too. I've had a few of the Mercurial Vapors that look very similar to his previous models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Nike cycling shoes so much that I'm on my 2nd pair. Carbon soled road shoes with SPD holes? Yes please!

I can get away with one pair for my commuter bike, road bike, and (when I have to) a spin bike. I've gotten lucky though, as I wear a 50, I found both pairs on clearance at the back of my LBS.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ftfrst wrote:
x2, looks like he microwaved his legs

Reminds me of this:

Then I though of this:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike should come out with there own custom design site for their shoes. ie Project One.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So hideous that they are beautiful. Looks like wearing a pair of unicorns on your feet.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Cycling shoes... [triromad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triromad wrote:
Nike should come out with there own custom design site for their shoes. ie Project One.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or just not aware, but Nike does have a site called NikeID that has been around for quite some time. It would be awesome if they put cycling shoes on there!
Quote Reply

Prev Next