Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike "Sphere" Dri-Fit Clothes
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried these?

I am not a big fan of Nike shoes, but have always found their clothes, especially tops, to be great.

I see they have their regular dri-fit, dri-fit with UV protection for about $5 more per top and then the "sphere" line for another $5 more or so. I guess it is supposed to be some sort of new material technology or something. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Nike "Sphere" Dri-Fit Clothes [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that I usually like Nike's fabrics. I don't own any Sphere because I hated the texture of it. It felt like a paper towel to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike "Sphere" Dri-Fit Clothes [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the head's up, I'll avoid it then and save a few bucks.

Have you tried any of the dri-fit UV stuff? Can you tell a difference? It looks nice, most of the tops have a small reflectice stripe too which could be a good feature.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While the Sphere stuff may feel weird on the rack, on the body it is awesome. I'm VERY hot natured and tend to sweat a ton and the tops work for me. I've got 4 and a tank and I don't run in anything else. They are noticeably cooler than any other top I've worn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have been wearing the "Sphere" dri-fit for about 4 years now, and in my experience the material works as advertised. I have two long-sleeved tops and one sleeveless, 3/4-zip "tri-top" (no longer made, I believe). I sweat buckets and the material doesn't miss a beat. No matter the season, this gear keeps me comfortable.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was reluctant to pay the extra $ for the sphere fabric, but then I found a shirt on sale and bought it. It's the only Nike clothing I have that I really, really like. The sphere fabric works as advertised--the shirt soaks up the sweat, but doesn't stick to you. By far my favorite workout shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike "Sphere" Dri-Fit Clothes [irieironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who have tried it any of you also try Zensah stuff? how do they compare?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike "Sphere" Dri-Fit Clothes [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a bunch of their tops - Sphere and otherwise - and have had good luck with all of them. Luckily, I have a Nike Outlet store nearby and can get the stuff for a bit less. Look around to see if there is another outlet near you, or look online for sale stuff. Often, the colors are not so great, but the material is the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of pants, long sleeve jersey, and a jacket lined with it. They all stay in my closet and were a waste of money. The texture of the fabric is horrible and the garments are too warm for their poor wicking ability.

Go Craft and never look back.

The Dude abides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Sphere stuff - except for tri tops, I won't run in anything else. The Sphere material seems to have gotten thinner and softer in the last couple years. My first Sphere shirt is a bit on the heavier side, but the recent stuff is light. In hot/humid conditions it's way cooler than the regular "technical" poly material - it dries faster and doesn't cling.

Practice makes better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am not crazy about how it feels on my skin, i wear a long sleeve one over a skinfit klima for cooler days. it does wick and fit well. i prefer their normal dri fit stuff for days with no under layer. they seem to hold more water but feel better to me.
Quote Reply