Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis
Quote | Reply
fine. sure. nick willis. 20 consecutive years running a sub-4-minute mile. BIG DEAL. anybody could do that ;-)

but what struck me about willis and all his acclaim since barely missing, then succeeding by a tick (milrose games last week) in getting that 20th annual sub-40, is that he is a twin separated at birth with john hoogenakker. you probably don't realize this guy is in every second commercial on the TV. he's the guy who owns walter the cat in the chevy truck commercials. he's the medieval king on the bud light commercials. here is his images tab in google search. he's in spectrum's commercials. (and he acts on a bunch of TV stuff that i don't watch.)

here is nick's images tab page. i think nick willis could make a lot of money acting in commercials pretending to be the guy who pretends to be other guys.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the type of hard hitting investigative journalism I come to ST for, thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilly Dilly!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [Granth9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Granth9 wrote:
This is the type of hard hitting investigative journalism I come to ST for, thank you.

Golden
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoronG wrote:
Granth9 wrote:

Golden

for fluffy, frou-frou, pretender journalism you go to the pretender sites, like say the new york times. you come to slowtwitch if you want the real story.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought it was going to be about this:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/...ornography-addiction
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Thought it was going to be about this:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/...ornography-addiction

he was only 14 years into his streak back then. that's not news. that's olds.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Nick Willis, 20-year sub-4 streak, blah blah, Nick Willis, whatever, here is the most NOTABLE thing about Nick Willis [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, the sub 4 minute smile training plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sooooooo is it 21 years yet? I thought I saw chatter on LR about him missing it or not doing it this time? Then a final post or two saying there maybe was a brief Strava activity seen of interest, but I cannot find anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that article too, but it was from 2022. It looks like his streak may be over now, but does seem to be some question if he ran it at the end of the year on his strava?

Pretty cool about his twin, I was thinking it was the mayhem guy, now that guy has a gig with 10's of millions doing short commercials...

last I could find on the streak;

https://www.letsrun.com/....php?thread=12446433
Last edited by: monty: Jan 26, 24 13:11
Quote Reply