Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newfounland 70.3
Quote | Reply
Anyone heading north for this race, I am interested and it fits into my vacations etc... also enjoy doing new races as they are always fun.

Is there an entrant list anywhere online?
Weeman
Quote Reply
Re: Newfounland 70.3 [weeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not doing it, but have fun, it's challenging terrain out there. I raced Age group world Dus in Cornerbrook, and that course was the toughest I've ever seen. The start is different for the 70.3, but there are long flats, but then some crazy hills, from what i recall seeing on the maps.

Adam

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have signed up for it. I am not aware of any entrant list though.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." Oscar Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing it...I am from the area and really looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Newfounland 70.3 [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How hilly is it there? The course profiles, for what they are worth, seem to indicate it is a relatively easy bike with one tough climb each loop???? Sounds too good to be true

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that's the case, you're lucky and it's nice. If they ran in Cornerbrook and used the old ITU course, the bike is reasonable, hilly but feasible, but the run was what was brutal there. But that could be right, because it's pretty flat in the deer lake area, it's not until you approach cornerbrook that you hit the mountains. It's a beautiful area, with very friendly people. Just know that it's a moderate temperature, but can get wickedly windy.

Adam

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Deer Lake area is not too bad, it's when you get in and around Corner Brook the hills start. Should be a fast course with a decent climb thrown in!
Quote Reply
Re: Newfounland 70.3 [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi JP,
I guess it heads south from Deer Lake past Corner Brook on a single out & back loop? Are they using the TCH?

Course profile looks quite reaonable for around there I must say.
Quote Reply