Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newest U.S Pro male triathlete
Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [Von Nostrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But did he pay for the Platinum package?
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha it looks like he only went for the Silver package so no exclusive VIP experiences and opportunities or VIP pickup time for Joe.

Does Joe now become U.S.A's best chance at Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he announce he's moving to the US this year? Or did some organization botch an FB post?
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Did he announce he's moving to the US this year? Or did some organization botch an FB post?

He's pissed of that British Triathlon are trying to charge him a fee for his license or something like that so he's said screw them and will race for America 🤣

Are there many other professional sports so poorly paid that athletes representing their country have to pay to do so 👀
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there also some drama with British Tri and Holly Lawrence?
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how much does BT charge their elite’s? I believe US is $50 for elite license, maybe $100 at most.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't remember the exact amount, but BT wanted a few hundred pounds from Joe just because he raced long-distance worlds for them. Only in triathlon would a professional athlete have to pay extra to compete for their own country at worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
So how much does BT charge their elite’s? I believe US is $50 for elite license, maybe $100 at most.

He talked about it on the Triathlon Mockery podcast (Bailiff in Norwich episode). Said BT was on him for 250 pounds for a race fee from when he raced Ibiza, and they said they wouldn't grant him a license if he didn't pay.
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adgatri wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
He talked about it on the Triathlon Mockery podcast (Bailiff in Norwich episode). Said BT was on him for 250 pounds for a race fee from when he raced Ibiza, and they said they wouldn't grant him a license if he didn't pay.
I'll warrant all the other GBR elites paid the entry fee contribution, no? Astle, Matthews, Pallant, Teagle, Lloyd.
BriTri needs to do some Skippersplaining: for sure he knew before agreeing to race the entry fee payment was required. He could have raced the PTO for free: he was PTO #15 on the Q date.
Having said that it was good to have a few of the best Brits racing a world champs in GBR colours: Skipper likely got a trisuit and other GBR uniform out of it. And all the support from the GBR team management and mechanics and physios.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Jan 26, 24 14:50
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His new USAT membership?

Last edited by: Von Nostrand: Jan 26, 24 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic level trolling. Everyone knows USAT is happy to take his money!
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the vibe, are Americans going to get behind and support their newest male elite?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Von Nostrand wrote:
What's the vibe, are Americans going to get behind and support their newest male elite?

Everyone knows Joe Skipper is actually from Detroit. He's as American as Kid Rock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Von Nostrand wrote:

Welcome aboard Joe! Glad to have you. Come on over to Oro Valley and get away from that shite UK weather. Partnering up with Lionel, Trevor, and Sam would be cool! Don't forget to bring Techno along.

tinman
Last edited by: tinman: Jan 26, 24 16:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
adgatri wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
I'll warrant all the other GBR elites paid the entry fee contribution, no? Astle, Matthews, Pallant, Teagle, Lloyd.
BriTri needs to do some Skippersplaining: for sure he knew before agreeing to race the entry fee payment was required. He could have raced the PTO for free: he was PTO #15 on the Q date.
Having said that it was good to have a few of the best Brits racing a world champs in GBR colours: Skipper likely got a trisuit and other GBR uniform out of it. And all the support from the GBR team management and mechanics and physios.

The Prince can pay his bill since he's on Bahrain Victorious.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
[And all the support from the GBR team management and mechanics and physios.
The Prince can pay his bill since he's on Bahrain Victorious.
Yes, $50k oil/gas money and won't stump up for a fee he knew (if he cared to read the BriTri comms) of <£300. He was proud to race in a GBR suit (they even make one with sleeves now!) and it was great to be able to cheer him from the roadside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
adgatri wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

I believe he had to pay for his trisuit but not certain.
Quote Reply
Re: Newest U.S Pro male triathlete [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
adgatri wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

I believe he had to pay for his trisuit but not certain.

He did have to pay for his trisuit. Which yes I assume he knew before the event but is still ridiculous for a pro athlete representing their country.
Quote Reply