Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would prefer to have my pace and HR on the pair of sunglasses while I'm running intervals or doing a race. As silly as it sounds, when I'm pegged I am afraid to look at my watch and throw off my rhythm or breathing. I guess there's opportunity for the technology to be integrated into other products like sunglasses and visors on aero helmets.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
I would prefer to have my pace and HR on the pair of sunglasses while I'm running intervals or doing a race. As silly as it sounds, when I'm pegged I am afraid to look at my watch and throw off my rhythm or breathing. I guess there's opportunity for the technology to be integrated into other products like sunglasses and visors on aero helmets.

See Engo 2 eyewear https://engoeyewear.com/products/engo-2[/url]

They work well with Garmin, but I don’t like how it works with an Apple watch.

As far as swim goggles go, why choose Form over the Finis goggles, which don’t seem to require a subscription? The Finis version even let you replace the goggles and transfer just the computer for the cost of normal goggles.
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Form has longer battery life, can pair with garmin or Apple Watch to display distance and pace for ows, HR data with new V2 or paired with polar, and more swim metrics. I’ve also read that Finis display a bit awkward since you have to look to side to see.

Also you only need subscription to form if you want coaching and the advanced metrics.
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwimStraight is a compass.

Nice review and explanation from DCRainmaker https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...-goggles-review.html
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adgatri wrote:
synthetic wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
For the life of me, I can't think of a more useless piece of sporting equipment.

Someone tell me why I should consider a pair, please.

Are you one of those old school tough guys who swims without goggles?

Back in my day we swam 10 miles through the rain and the snow to get to T1.

I'm debating on whether to get a pair of the v1 just for the live coaching features if they go on some sort of closeout sale. Then again, I'm also on the lookout for the new Shokz OpenSwim Pro headphones. Decisions...

All the gear, no idea.

i use tayogo from amazon with my form goggles
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
NAB777 wrote:
For the life of me, I can't think of a more useless piece of sporting equipment.

Someone tell me why I should consider a pair, please.

Are you one of those old school tough guys who swims without goggles?
I

Tough is not a word that's usually associated with me :)
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [crayzeee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crayzeee wrote:
All of the features are described pretty well on their website.

Yeah I saw them, but thought there must be stuff missing.
$400 for that..?
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [adgatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

LUXURY !! Lived in a newspaper, eating gravel - swam UPHILL by 8-10%, before I dad killed us every night and danced on our graves ...

Just pulled the trigger on the V2 - excited to see if they fit my crooked face :)

adgatri wrote:

Back in my day we swam 10 miles through the rain and the snow to get to T1.
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._2_Goggles_8924.html

I thought Travis did a good job our first write up.

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
thetrickster wrote:
- A Revolutionary New Feature for Open Water Swimming - Introducing SwimStraight™

I look forward to getting this update! This could save at least 5-10s/100m by not lifting my head for sighting ever 2-4 strokes. It may also save seconds/minutes by helping me reduce the overall distance I swim when I zigzag. My eyesight is pretty poor and if the buoys are more than 100/150m apart I can't see them.

Perhaps cleaning up your stroke so you actually swim straight would be a benefit? Spend the money on a good swim evaluation and you certainly won't miss goggles that will point you in the right direction.....maybe.....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
crayzeee wrote:
All of the features are described pretty well on their website.

Yeah I saw them, but thought there must be stuff missing.
$400 for that..?

where do you get $400?
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [GaryGeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GaryGeiger wrote:
Perhaps cleaning up your stroke so you actually swim straight would be a benefit? Spend the money on a good swim evaluation and you certainly won't miss goggles that will point you in the right direction.....maybe.....

Bahahaha...

I don't have enough money to clean up my stroke so I actually swim straight, and adding the SwimStraight update to my V1 goggles didn't cost anything. I have done one "good swim evaluation" with Tim Floyd. I learned a lot (and recommend Tim), but we never discussed whether I could swim straight in OWS. But then we only had two or three hours together.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the Form website, the straight swim feature is available for V1 googles for those who have premium accounts. I have tried to set this up this morning and the feature is not available yet? Who has attempted to get the straight swim on the V1's and can share how to activate it?

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [brad.bischoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
Based on the Form website, the straight swim feature is available for V1 googles for those who have premium accounts. I have tried to set this up this morning and the feature is not available yet? Who has attempted to get the straight swim on the V1's and can share how to activate it?

I have V1 and did a software update yesterday and now have swim straight. I'm going to give it a demo today at my pool and use it for Oceanside this weekend.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you let me know what software version you have have currently installed?

3.0.190 is my current and don't have this function yet.

Thanks

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
Can you let me know what software version you have have currently installed?

3.0.190 is my current and don't have this function yet.

Thanks

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Update:
You will need to go to app store and make sure the app is updated first before the new software is pushed to the googles.
I was banging my head on why this wouldn't load. Played with this setting at my office desk, and I feel this is a game changer for those like me who like to zip zap and swim longer than needed.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [E_DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E_DUB wrote:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._2_Goggles_8924.html

I thought Travis did a good job our first write up.

Really great write up

Convinced me to buy a pair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
Thank you.
Update:
You will need to go to app store and make sure the app is updated first before the new software is pushed to the googles.
I was banging my head on why this wouldn't load. Played with this setting at my office desk, and I feel this is a game changer for those like me who like to zip zap and swim longer than needed.

how long will it take till those gogles are banned from racing .
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [GaryGeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GaryGeiger wrote:
LEBoyd wrote:
thetrickster wrote:
- A Revolutionary New Feature for Open Water Swimming - Introducing SwimStraight™

I look forward to getting this update! This could save at least 5-10s/100m by not lifting my head for sighting ever 2-4 strokes. It may also save seconds/minutes by helping me reduce the overall distance I swim when I zigzag. My eyesight is pretty poor and if the buoys are more than 100/150m apart I can't see them.

Good point, GG, stroke and technique work are always a plus to help you swim more efficiently. But we do see event the "best" swimmers heading off course. Hoping to give these goggles a try at some point, esp since I'm adding some open water to my weekly swim training.

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Apr 3, 24 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
brad.bischoff wrote:
Thank you.
Update:

how long will it take till those gogles are banned from racing .

since FORM seems to have World Tri, USAT, PTO and Supertri on board specifically approving the use of these googles I'm going to go out on a limb and say NEVER
Quote Reply
Re: New v2 Formswim goggles coming April 2nd [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the press release they are approved by usat and ironman with the built in compass. The pro field has been using these for several years no issues.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just gave the swim straight feature a spin in the pool and it worked great, you can use it while also paired with a Garmin for OWS with real time data. Very cool, I'm looking forward to using them at Oceanside on Saturday.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On your garmin watch did you have to add the form goggles as a senor to get the data to pair and sync?
It would be awesome if someone can figure out to display hr from the HR pro inside thr lense of the Form. No need to upgrade if that's the case.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brad.bischoff wrote:
On your garmin watch did you have to add the form goggles as a senor to get the data to pair and sync?
It would be awesome if someone can figure out to display hr from the HR pro inside thr lense of the Form. No need to upgrade if that's the case.

You need to go through a validation process via Garmin Connect where you load the Form data fields to your watch. The Form ap will walk you through it.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply

Prev Next