Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New thread for no reason
Quote | Reply
Ordered a new Record 10 kit with Neucleons today and dont have a frame to put it on...have a Cervelo P3, a Litespeed Ultimate and a Softride Rocket TT7...what should I do with this kit...that new Ultimate is SCREAMING for me in the night...then again so are all the new Litespeeds...

Ran 10 miles tonight...first run in about a month...did about a 7:30 pace in 30 degree weather...

Plan to swim in the AM then bike all day on Thanksgiving...I am planning at this point a 102 mile ride...then a run...no family...no plans, may as well ride eh? Do they make a Turkey flavor PowerBar?

I need to figure out who is going to be my "coach" for the new year...I am leaning HARD to a small french fellow of whom I have the most respect for...I think he can take me to places I have never been...Kona for one....

Got my new 2006 Audi...I need a car with balls...do I just get a used 200? Viper or do I spent the 401k and get the damn Porsche I was shopping for to begin with? It is hard to go from 500+ HP to about 200. Heated seats or not.

My ribs and back still hurt...a month + out from my car accident and I still hurt...got a nasty lung infection due to the broken ribs and C5 area is killing me - though the fracure is doing ok the soft tissue is killing me...guess I need some good PT. You would think that as I live with a PT I would get some.

I still plan to go to Cincy for the seven hills run...great people there, RRoof, Kittycat, Marisol....just great people.

How is it again I got a 2006 Audi and it is not yet 2006?

I am not going to fuck aroud with IMLP next year...I plan to get a PR...and I think that I can do it with a short Frenchmans help....who all is going to IMLP?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, Dilantin IV's suck and burn really bad...and I hate the smell of hospitals. You want pain...dont do an IronMan...get a Dilantin IV.

Quote Reply
New response for no apparent reason [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um... yeah....

I lust Ti bikes... if you're in need of some room in that living room of yours.... I have no problems helping you out :-)... makes room for another bike! Anything Ti sounds good to me.

Do you need big smiles fast speed on the road or just on the track? Get a 125cc kart if you're dying for speed... comes in heaps for much much less (only after your ribs heal). You definitely do not spend the 401k :-) Oh... and they brought the Audi back from the future just for you.

I agree... the aforementioned French guy seems pretty cool. Even though he's a (insert insult Sampson). His research is really cool also. If coaches were affordable, I'd probably go with him also.

Enjoy the good Cinci people.

Cheers,

Daniel

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: New response for no apparent reason [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I agree... the aforementioned French guy seems pretty cool. ... If coaches were affordable, I'd probably go with him also. [/reply]

You may be surprised to learn how affordable some coaches can be.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [Record10Blah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't you been paying any attention at all? You need a Yaqui!!!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GO with the short frenchman,

Now for that car thing, Im still trying to get my bro into one (says its out of his league), A Cadillac STS V. Talk about power oh ya baby.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stick with Audi. Want more chutzpah, trade whatever you got (A6 maybe?) in for an S4. 340hp, AWD, and heated seats

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How is it again I got a 2006 Audi and it is not yet 2006?

Because product designers are all ahead of their time???

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RC10, If you want a car with balls and you don't want to break the bank just get a rice rocket. Subaru WRX STI or Mitsu Evo VIII. 30 K plus some tuner mods and you have 350+bHp and 0-60 in about 4.3sec. Or you could just get a new Vette.

Sorry to hear about your lack of plans for tomorrwo, I would invite you up to the GP for some eats if I weren't goint to my inlaws.

I don't know about a turkey power bar, but Jones soda has some thanksgiving themed drinks.

I hope you heal up soon (how did I miss that you were in a car accident?) I just thought that you had gone all Tibb's on us there for a while!

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, if I had my choice between a Porsche or an Audi, I'd go with the BMW, but that's just me.

As for your choice of coaches......I'd pass on Captain DNFtwitch and send the money you save to Tibbs.

Lewis
Last edited by: Lactic Achole: Dec 2, 05 20:41
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an M3 - sold it, will never own another BMW. I will get a 911 Turbo in the spring just cause I can...and I love torque.

A short french man will be my coach...it is a shame that you have to insult people that you certainly dont even know. Not that it matters, I have never beaten the masters chess game on the internet...I still play though...and I bet at a higher level than you can even begin to play at.

Why again is it that you feel the need to insult Francois?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh! Good on you for the new Campag! You'll adore the wheels.

Smart man. Well done!
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [campagfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do adore the wheels, now I have two sets, plus Shamals.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooooohhh.

Audi. You can pick me up any time! ;)
Quote Reply
Which Audi? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2004 A4 Avant that I dearly love, although the rumored and only recently photoed Dodge Challenger has me intrigued. Yes, I said Dodge. Can you say HEMI?

Bikes? Ti? I'd suggest you need something truly remarkable and rare. Whilst LSpeeds and Serottas are nice indeed, in your case, I'd recommend Holland, Spectrum, Moots or Kish.
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [Igotthelook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ooooohhh.

Audi. You can pick me up any time! ;)
Seats are warming and the tank is full...where do I pick you up at? (you are a girl right?)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chip--if you love torque so much, why not get a classic muslce car that has plenty of style and more balls then one man knows what to do with?

honestly--if you can afford it, (and you love torque) look into an olds 442 W-30. They are expensive, but a screaming fast ride that will make you feel as though your neck has snapped off the line. the 1970 engine is one of a kind...over 500 ft of torque. I think the prices are skyrocketing though, well above porsche. (Evan has been complaining about this for the last year)

the porsche, i don't know what you're considering...they are like race cars on the road, plus have great handeling. i've never been in one, but i can see why you'd like one. they seem to be a driver's dream.

anyway, just wanted to toss that out...also, the 1970 buick engine was a freaking beast as well. similar torque, HP and desing to the olds engine. not sure about the popularity in the marketplace though. could be just as expensive. they are fast mother f'ing engines.

kc
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because I like to be able to stop, and turn. And, I will never again own a US car...call me un-patriotic. How that Jag treating you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey!

I just found this thread. I'm doing IMLP '06, too!

Have you done that one yet?

It'll be my 1st IMLP. Sherpa'd it twice. Withdrew twice.

I'll be praying to the Triathlon Gods for PR's for us all! *And good weather, too! And no flats or mechanicals. And not to get smacked in the head in the swim.....The list goes on............
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [IronDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 times

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy Adirondacks Batman!!!

I'm sure the topic will come up many times over the next several months...But, do you know of any group training rides in May or June on the course? I plan to go, and was gonna ask about this later, but, now that we're talkin'...

Hope your neck feels better soon. Have you tried massage?
Quote Reply
Re: New thread for no reason [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

honestly--if you can afford it, (and you love torque) look into an olds 442 W-30. They are expensive, but a screaming fast ride that will make you feel as though your neck has snapped off the line. the 1970 engine is one of a kind...over 500 ft of torque. I think the prices are skyrocketing though, well above porsche. (Evan has been complaining about this for the last year)

That was my first car - my dad's actually, but the one I drove for the my first 4 years of driving. Ours was classic - black convertible, with the red stripe on the side and the air vents in the hood. Hit the gas, and the front end would just rise up.

Pure muscle car!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your seat is too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to defend me man. I'm ok with what is said. It's true, I have tons of DNFs over IMs. But I keep trying. No big deal.
As a coach, I think I did quite well this year. jsmith, mike C, don jc and AndyPants will likely testify...
Don't start defending me all the time, some days, you wouldn't have time to train ;-)

Re fees. forget them. just send me that Audi you're getting ;-)

As for the need to insult...well, it's all in the handle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool

but Turkey Powerbars?!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next