Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator
Quote | Reply
I currently (and for a while) have used the Brooks Adreneline GTS 6 (and 5 before that). As I said, I'm flat-footed and an overpronator who uses orthotics for running. Any good suggestions for a similar shoe that might last longer? My Brooks have been shredding like mad. A buddy suggested the Trance?

Thanks. I want some suggestions before I go into the running store.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be the first to give the pre-programmed Slowtwitch response:

Asics Kayano

I'm a flat-footed overpronator and I love mine. A bit pricey, but worth it for me.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like the Nike Air Structure Triax. I've used them for years and they hold up well. Too well, actually, since I wear them too long and then my knees/ankles/feet hurt until I buy a new pair.
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [tribreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have thin feet? That has been my main problem with Nike's in the past. Asics fit my fat feet really well :)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, pretty narrow feet, so Nike works well. Although I have noticed their shoes getting a little wider lately.
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [tribreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been running in Pegasus' (for most all training and B Races) for a few years now, and I've noticed that the last couple seem bigger on my feet than the previous ones. Anyways, I'm about to start experimenting with different companies, but I've noticed the same thing re: expanding width.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you tried an othodic???

I have the worlds flatest feet and an orthodic combined with the Asics Gel Nimbus or the Asics Speedstar works great!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beast?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duct tape on bare feet. It's all the rage in Boulder.

Boring finance guy now
Quote Reply
Re: New running shoe for flat-footed overpronator [trohat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even in a blizzard?

How'd I know trohat would have a smart-assed comment for anything I said? Hmmm. Now I have to think hard about anything I post on ST for fear of being skewered ...

Enjoy the pow pow, in my honor.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have absolutely no arch and I have been running with Asics 2100/2110's for the past few years. As my volume increased I started feeling some pain on the lower ankle area. I just saw the podiatrist last week and he recommended the Asics Evolution 2. I tried them on earlier this week and they seem to have much better support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6'1", and 210 pounds with a size 14 foot. I have been using the New Balance 1222's for the past 4 months, as I was a 1221 user before hand. Coupled with my orthotics, they seem to be doing the trick nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the Asics Kayano. That's what I'm wearing now. The podiatry association gives members a huge discount on Asics shoes, and I have a podiatrist friend, hence, fancy Kayanos.

Before my friend became a podiatrist, I found the Saucony Hurricanes to be solid shoes for high mileage road running. They are a splurge, but are very comfortable -- like running on a spring mattress, without giving up stability. The forefoot is wide. The minuses are that they're a bit heavy and not that durable (500 miles for shoes that cost $100+ bucks). BUT the current model is supposed to be much more durable than the previous ones. So, they're also worth trying out at a running store.

Demographics: low arches, over-pronator, orthodics-wearing, 30-35 miles a week when not preparing for a race

Quote | Reply
mizuno wave nirvana II's.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're not going to find a shoe as light as the adrenaline (10.4?) with as much stability. I've had great results with mine. What is shredding? I didn't find the trance to be as stable. I know it is more cushioned. Let us know how it works out if you decide to go with it.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply