Re: New powermeter -icranks for powercranks [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to have to read it for a third time, I must be biased
Quote Reply
Re: New powermeter -icranks for powercranks [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our SRAM RED Quarq Powermeter currently ships with the PowerBalance feature:

http://www.quarq.com/sram-red-quarq-power-meter

"Power Balance™: Uses crankset torque to display the ratio of power generated in the right drive stroke (first half) versus the left drive stroke (second half) for each crank revolution"

In other words, we have a single measurement point, but can partition each revolution in the first and second half of the pedal stroke. This is just like the L-R %Watts you see on the Computrainer.

Gold star for any one that can produce data showing that "independent left / right measurement" gives more meaningful or actionable data than a "combined measure and partition" system.

Jim

James Meyer
Quarq Founder / SRAM
Quote Reply
Re: New powermeter -icranks for powercranks [superpatsfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I will say this...I do have big problems with 1 leg doing a lot more work than the other...

So let's imagine you pay the millllllllllions of dollars for a device able to give you accurate L/R power metrics. What would you do with the knowledge that one leg is stronger than the other, i.e. how would you correct it?

Since you already know that you have big problems with 1 leg doing a lot more work than the other, just do those corrective drills now! OK you won't have data to confirm that you have solved the issue, but you'll be millllllllions of dollars better off!

This does raise another question. Once a user has corrected their imbalance, do they really need the "2nd generation" power meter anymore, or can they revert to the more affordable 1st gen?
Quote Reply
Re: New powermeter -icranks for powercranks [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how icranks and Rotor are measuring cadence?

Duncan
Quote Reply

Prev Next