Prev Next
Re: New chinese TT frame [Peddaswe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THese seem to be taking over.

DJW
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh, the top tube does look nice and narrow at the middle and bottom but they just had to throw in some wonky shape up near the top!

I wonder if its a deal they make with the big brands - "we will ignore you ripping us off as long as you screw up the head tube"

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubulars.

Re: New chinese TT frame [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which shape up near the top are you talking about, the one behind the stem or actually in the head tube? Both are documented to work, although IMO the behind the stem one is smaller than I'd use.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like everyone bought a Sampson 745 TT. Nice.

http://www.sampsonsports.com/Sampson-745-TT.asp

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so if we follow the head tube up from the fork -

it is narrow and tapers down even more narrow, then about 3/4 of the way up, a sudden bulge

looking at it from fork to head tube is a nice glorious p3/shiv head tube then BAM WHY?

Maybe this is some clever wind tunnel tested stiffness thing, you say it is documented to work but I've never seen it before. what are these documents and how do I access them? =)

chicanery wrote:
Which shape up near the top are you talking about, the one behind the stem or actually in the head tube? Both are documented to work, although IMO the behind the stem one is smaller than I'd use.

Chris

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an airflow split line that guides some air down and some air up. Not rocket science. Actually maybe it sort of is? Anyway, it's definitely something that is done frequently. I doubt it makes any difference in stiffness, other than to be able to accommodate the steerer.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that has a standard mount rear brake, I'll probably get one for next year.
While I finally got my rear brake to "work" with a simkins egg brake,
I'd prefer a plain-jane mount for the rear.

Me likey the front fork.
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like there would be 9" of cable in the wind if the brake is in the standard mount. I can't really see that being the case.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good point. and it would be too sharp of a turn coming down from the top tube, throught the seat tube, and then back out. sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been following this thread and have looked at some of the frames that have been mentioned. However, I can't find any larger frames that would fit me (I'm 6' 4" and ride a 63 cm Serotta road bike). Anyone have any suggestions for finding larger Chinese carbon TT frames?
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [JTB013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try gotobike. They're most likely to have a larger frame; realistically though, most of these frame companies are only interested in mass-market frames, and you'll probably have a hard time finding one in your size.

If you need a 53cm frame though, you literally have hundreds of choices.

Re: New chinese TT frame [karmacoma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karmacoma wrote:

Well.....Here's her sister, my seat post is slightly different though.

This was a couple of months ago, I've added bar tape and some other small things. This was also before I cut the seat tube.
I'm still working on the fit, and will probably take it in soon to get myself setup by someone more objective, maybe I'll post a video on here, but I know how well those go over.

How's the fit on yours?
Hi!
Did you buy headset with frameset also? I have now small problem with them because it is catching looses...
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [emilpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just sent me a price list. I may buy a set of their wheels. Nice stuff great prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks pretty cool, I've seen this on the blogs in matte finish too.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [emilpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
?[/quote wrote:

Hi!
Did you buy headset with frameset also? I have now small problem with them because it is catching looses...

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand.

I am actually having some issues with the headset that came with the frame, during the fitting i dropped the frame on its side, there was no damage to frame (these are tougher that we think) but one of the seals on the headset popped off. I'm holding off until after my next race to replace it since it's a little late now. It's not an issue if I keep everything in the headtube compressed properly. I've done a couple of races already this season, and I've had no issues.

Do you mean that the headset is catching and seems tight? You probably tightened the top bolt too much. You may also have to place the silver ring that came with the headset on top of the assembly (right before you put on the dust cap that goes under your spacers.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting article for anyone considering one of these chinese frames..
http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/...bikes-created-equal/

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been reading through this thread. I am a cost contious consumer and really think that spending 3k on a frame is just crazy. Unless you are sponsored and someone buys it for you. I've seen these Chinese frames on ebay and am a little curious. ALSO. I own a design firm and would love to do my own design for the company and write it off! Ha! I am concerned about quality and reliability. I'd like the frame to last 5 years or so. Also, I am not going to be a top level competitor as I just don't have that kind of time. I'll be an Ironman finisher one day but really don't see Kona in my future. Well, yet. I would like to get the straight skinny from someone that has one and has put it through the paces. Let's talk so I can make a decision. Anyone in Dallas Texas?
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [Bossman45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bossman45 wrote:
Been reading through this thread. I am a cost contious consumer and really think that spending 3k on a frame is just crazy. Unless you are sponsored and someone buys it for you. I've seen these Chinese frames on ebay and am a little curious. ALSO. I own a design firm and would love to do my own design for the company and write it off! Ha! I am concerned about quality and reliability. I'd like the frame to last 5 years or so. Also, I am not going to be a top level competitor as I just don't have that kind of time. I'll be an Ironman finisher one day but really don't see Kona in my future. Well, yet. I would like to get the straight skinny from someone that has one and has put it through the paces. Let's talk so I can make a decision. Anyone in Dallas Texas?
I brought one of these recently and have been riding it for about 4 months. It is a great ride, very stiff and does the job for me. I recently raced in a WTC 70.3 race and rode a 2:34, and qualified for the world champs in vagas and this was without decent race wheels, I used mavic aksiums. I have just brought some planet x 101/82mm carbon wheels and I reckon when I get them on it and a bit more training I will be undet 2:30 for the 90km no problems. The bike goes great.
The road was pretty rough and the course had about 4 sharp speed humps and I gave the bike a real working over and it stood up nicely.
For that price why would you want a bike to last 5 years, you could upgrade every year or so.
For me it's less about how big your wallet is or what brand of bike you ride and more about how much work you want to put in to get faster.
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [Peddaswe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, so many of you follow this post that if you opened a little "testing foundation" and all chipped in a few dollars, there'd be more than enough to have one item bought and sent to ST to have tested for the benefit of the community... You could do that again and again for any items you are interested in and suspicious about...
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [PierreB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that idea. We need a little more Democracy on the retail side of Tri bikes. I'd be interested in starting a website to post information about chi-carb road and tri bikes. Wheels too. I can pay $2k for a built bike but really? I'd rather invest the cash in swim instruction and support gear.
Last edited by: Bossman45: Nov 24, 11 12:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: mjdwyer23: Nov 24, 11 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: New chinese TT frame [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Image link bad on last post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply