Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon!
Quote | Reply
What is wrong with this picture???

Sindballe rides 4:21 and then runs 3:50, almost equal splits.

Makes you wonder how much that ride hurt him or even if he had any intention other than the record.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is wrong with this picture???

Sindballe rides 4:21 and then runs 3:50, almost equal splits.

Makes you wonder how much that ride hurt him or even if he had any intention other than the record.
4:21/3:50? Nothing wrong there - it is just your classic negative split (sorry Dev!)
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For years guys have been going after the swim course record. Why not go after the bike. Is there a prime for the bike? Not the 42 nile thing, but just one for the bike split?

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for a guy that battled running related injuries all summer I am sure that kind of run split was somewhat expected.

how about a 4:25 bike, 2:54 run split?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike course records should only count if you win.

Marathons don't keep track of "Fastest time through 20 miles."

So -- what's the fastest Kona bike split by a winner?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not marathon, this is triathlon, with three segments :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You all saw what Torbjørn can do on the bike..! The run he has been running fast at several races in the spring before his injury..! Wait around 365 days;)

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was pretty well documented before the race that he'd been injured and that a large part of his run training was water running, if he could run at all. Nothing wrong with the picture at all, except for your implied conclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nothing wrong with the picture at all, except for your implied conclusion.
Well it appears that other than triathlete you are also a mind reader, can you tell me what was I trying to imply.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is not marathon, this is triathlon, with three segments :-)

Well, I still think bike splits are only impressive if they are followed by a run that at least puts a guy/gal in the hunt for the win. Otherwise, it's a yawn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your implication is that he did something wrong. His performance seems entirely in keeping with the reality of his situation. He knew he wouldn't hold a run, so go out and lay down a super bike. I doubt he'd have put the hammer down like that if he thought he would have a decent run...better to challenge for the win. That's all.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike course record...followed by a 4 hour marathon! [Ashburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cripes. we spend years saying about how people aren't biking fast enough and when someone drops the hammer, we moan about it. Jeez.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a shame that he blew up but I respect that he had the courage to give it his all when he could. Sort of the "Pre" mindset. Let not forget, Sindballe is one heck of a pro triathlete.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply