Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New beginning.
Quote | Reply
Today is the start of many new things for me. I did Finish my new tt bike project and will post up soon in the show me your bike thread.

As some of you may know I was diagnosed with stage 3 throat cancer back in October of last year. 7 weeks of chemotherapy and 35 radiation treatments. Last week I had my three month post treatment PET scan. No cancer detected in my body. Reason enough to celebrate.

Today is also my 60th birthday. So I sit here enjoying some French roast coffee waiting for day break so I can ride a 60 miler, will probably just make it a metric century to make it an honest birthday ride, to celebrate life.

What I have learned from this experience is that nothing in life is more important than people and faith. The second thing is to keep embracing our bike riding, running and swimming addictions since according to my doctors my level of fitness allowed me to get thru this pretty easy compared to most, it was not easy. Plus it also allowed me to recover much faster than the average person once again according to my doctors.

Celebrate life and health. Workout every opportunity you have.

Juan
Quote Reply
Re: New beginning. [Juanmoretime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great news, Juan. Glad to hear it.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are inspiring Juan, no reason for me to cower under the sheets tomorrow for my early morning run..

An age group triathlete just like you.
TopTriGear - https://www.toptrigear.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a lovely day and a great ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celebrate it! And thank you for posting this.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks,

I've been feeling sorry for myself because of an injury from Mid-Feb. bad, but not nearly like yours.

metric century - cool. think of how many others who are in "good shape" can't or won't do that.

Enjoy the journey!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply