Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Trek and Lemond
Quote | Reply
Found this link to some of the new Treks and Lemonds.

http://freewheelbike.com/.../page.cfm?PageID=146

Lemond actually has a tri bike that at least looks cool. Actually, 2 of em. And the P-51 scheme looks real nice. It'd be cooler on the TTX though.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek and Lemond [gamblor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bottle launcher i must have.......................

t~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definition of "useless":

Yeah, that rear-wheel cutout is doing a LOT of good...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek and Lemond [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad to see that someone was able to get some good photos in that room. I sure didn't have much luck.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, with all the resources Trek and Lemond have at their disposal, a weak offering such as this should not even be made. If you are going to enter the triathlon market, do it right and offer a competitive design. Admittidly, I know little about tri-bike design. But any bike with an 'aero' seat tube cut that is inches from the back wheel and aero-bar pads that high is a weak offering.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
..talk about product manager asleep at the wheels.

First of all what's with the 45 cm (or thereabout) chainstay (or am I viewing a 650 bike with a 42 cm chainstay). There is no aero benefit in the rear end. This results in a really poor rear cutout. may as well just go with round tubes with that much spacing in the rear end.

And the front end component selection...sure... put a small headtube on and then spec it with a stem and aerobars that automatically add 12 cm of stack !!!!

Fix these two mistakes, and the bike looks good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the two single speeds, My next bike will be a fixed gear so I'm starting to daydream.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, that rear-wheel cutout is doing a LOT of good... "

I love my steel/oclv Lemond road bike and a lot of roadies really love Lemonds, but when it comes to making a tri/TT bike, you'd think these guys would be a bit more clued in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with all the comments on their tri offerings -- what was the point of that.

But that T-1 track bike is very svelte. Sexy.

And the Bontrager brake levers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone asked why there was no love for Trek tri bikes. The pictures say it all...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: New Trek and Lemond [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" ..talk about product manager asleep at the wheels.

First of all what's with the 45 cm (or thereabout) chainstay (or am I viewing a 650 bike with a 42 cm chainstay). There is no aero benefit in the rear end. This results in a really poor rear cutout. may as well just go with round tubes with that much spacing in the rear end.

And the front end component selection...sure... put a small headtube on and then spec it with a stem and aerobars that automatically add 12 cm of stack !!!!

Fix these two mistakes, and the bike looks good to go."

Dev, you fix those two mistakes and you have a P2K...
Quote Reply