Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Timex Body Link or Garmin Forerunner 305
Quote | Reply
JUst broke my 3 year old Timex Body link today and now I am looking for a new unit right now I am looking at these two but I guess I should look at the polar 625x also. Any comments would be very helpful.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Timex Body Link or Garmin Forerunner 305 [MarkAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen the new Polar RS800SD? Very cool. heart rate, speed, distance and CADENCE. And, you can actually wear the watch all the time (unlike the Garmin)

Quote | Reply
i'll sell you my timex body link system (2nd gen) for 75 bucks. includes unused data recorder. and has heart rate monitor (hrm needs battery).

I just don't use it anymore after I have gotten my run courses mapped out.

PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

What broke? My wife's watch broke (water damage) and I have the gps unit and HRM band.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are happy with your existing set-up, Timex usually can repair most things quite cheaply. If you want a new setup, I have the new Bodylink ('06 edition) and find it to be very reliable and user friendly. If I can answer any questions about the Bodylink, let me know.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New Timex Body Link or Garmin Forerunner 305 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the timex ironman triathlon version? if so did the make the gps unit smaller?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have the grey/red Ironman version. The GPS is smaller than the original; it is about 3/4 the size of a deck of cards or almost the exact size of a beeper or average cellphone.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 305 is the best running watch IMO.

I like the fact that there is GPS data that automatical links with google earth and maps and you can see your course.
Quote Reply