Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Road Frame
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade my frameset for the road bike. Any suggestions on a good solid frameset that will bridge the gap btw road comfort and road race? Want to be around 2K prefer non-AL
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Frame [jhawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calfee Luna Custom.

www.calfeedesign.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a Reynolds 853 frame and I could not be happier. Mine is a 2002 Jamis Eclipse that I bought as new old-stock and if you look around they are out there. It is light and sucks up the vibes from the road. Most comfortable bike I have ever owned. Even more comfortable than my Cannondale Jekyll.

Something similar would probably treat you just as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
going to order my custom serotta in about a month. Full customer steel under 2k, haven't heard a bad thing about them yet: www.serotta.com

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serotta get's another vote from me. They use Columbus Niobium tubes for the steel bikes. Proprietary tubes made just for Serotta. And the tubes are picked to match your weight/power/riding style/etc. EVERYTHING about the frame is tuned to you.

The CIII is welded, and the frame is $1495 w/o fork. Add a carbon stay for $300 (model name for version with carbon stay is the CdA).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Frame [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great call on the Calfee. To go custom, though, you'll have to go Tetra. I have a stock Luna and love it. Nude frame is $1500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just notice Calfee finally has some Bambo frames ready. Now one of those could be pretty friggen cool.
Quote Reply