Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Orbea Cervelo look alike
Quote | Reply
Looks like Cervelo got it right because everybody else is following:

Quote Reply
Re: New Orbea Cervelo look alike [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bike has been discussed before, yes it has a curved seat-tube, but there is only so much manufacturers can do within the UCI design restrictions.

By the way I remember seat tubes that curved around the rear wheel on a KHS bike with true temper aero tubing back in the early 90's, its not like Cervelo invented the idea, they have just done a better job than most in implementing it in an "affordable" bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It kind of looks like a cross between a KM40 and a P3 to me.
Quote Reply
Re: New Orbea Cervelo look alike [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one that thinks this is actually a unique design. the curved seat tube on the cervelo allows for a very forward position. However, look at how the curved seat tube on this bike. it does not go directly into the actual seat tube the rider sits on. Instead, they took something more like the p2 and instead of a flat leading edge on the seattube, they curved it back. Imagine a straight seat tube from the seat to the BB, the effective wheel position is more like the p2 than the p3. the p3 puts the wheel more underneath the rider, thus changing the way the bike will ride.

Draw a line from the seat binder bolts to the BB and you'll see what I mean. This design would allow for the aerodynamic avantage of the seat-tube curve folllowing the wheel, while easily staying UCI legal with a slightly more laid back seat angle.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: New Orbea Cervelo look alike [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a cross between a Kestrel KM40 and a CerveloP3C

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Re: New Orbea Cervelo look alike [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, put some proper wheels on for your promotional pictures, Orbea! Disk in the rear and 808/404/H3... something in the front. The bike would look much better.
Quote Reply