Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Mexico Triathletes- Stolen Specialized Shiv!!
Quote | Reply
Just as an FYI to anyone in the Albuquerque area, I had my brand new Specialized Shiv stolen out of the bed of my pickup truck in the Sandia National Labs parking lot just outside the Eubank gate of Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque yesterday (April 10th). Goes to show that you can't give those damn bike thieves an inch, even in the *nice* parts of town!

My Shiv is Black with red stripes, the 2012 Pro model, no Fuelcell or bladder, and a bright red Specialized Sitero saddle. The bike still has some of the factory warning stickers on the frame and seat post. If you happen to see it, please report it to APD!

I really appreciate it everyone!

Thanks,
William
Quote Reply
Re: New Mexico Triathletes- Stolen Specialized Shiv!! [NMTrier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NMTrier wrote:
Just as an FYI to anyone in the Albuquerque area, I had my brand new Specialized Shiv stolen out of the bed of my pickup truck in the Sandia National Labs parking lot just outside the Eubank gate of Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque yesterday (April 10th). Goes to show that you can't give those damn bike thieves an inch, even in the *nice* parts of town!

My Shiv is Black with red stripes, the 2012 Pro model, no Fuelcell or bladder, and a bright red Specialized Sitero saddle. The bike still has some of the factory warning stickers on the frame and seat post. If you happen to see it, please report it to APD!

I really appreciate it everyone!

Thanks,
William

There's a nice part of town by base???? :)

I ride quite a bit in the area, I'll keep any eye out for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey William, that really sucks. Shared your photo on my FB page - it's not a typical bike, so maybe it will catch someone's attention.

I also ride around there a good bit, and will keep an eye out for it. It does seem odd for it to be stolen from that area, since that's not a high-traffic area except for folks who work on the base, and the folks who work in that area are mostly professionals - doesn't make sense to risk a good paying job or a security clearance to steal a bike, even a nice one (unless you're just a klepto).

Hope you get it back...

- Gary
Quote Reply
Re: New Mexico Triathletes- Stolen Specialized Shiv!! [GaryV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GaryV wrote:
Hey William, that really sucks. Shared your photo on my FB page - it's not a typical bike, so maybe it will catch someone's attention.

I also ride around there a good bit, and will keep an eye out for it. It does seem odd for it to be stolen from that area, since that's not a high-traffic area except for folks who work on the base, and the folks who work in that area are mostly professionals - doesn't make sense to risk a good paying job or a security clearance to steal a bike, even a nice one (unless you're just a klepto).

Hope you get it back...

- Gary

I've been in the military over 20 years and the only times I have had something stolen from me has been by other military members while on a base. Things like honor and integrity are really just recruiting poster phrases and answers to promotion board questions to some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post a picture and I can keep an I out also.
Quote Reply
Re: New Mexico Triathletes- Stolen Specialized Shiv!! [GaryV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary, I thought the same thing. I certainly won't make the same mistake twice.
Here is what it looks like.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2yn5sw9.jpg
Quote Reply