Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Litespeeds for '06.
Quote | Reply
Wow. I can tell you guys the new Saber for '06 is a very, very impressive effort.

First- The Saber's geometry has been proven for some time. It is a valuable resource especially for the longish torso fit who wants a lightly higher head tube.

For '06 Litespeed has paid attantion to details: The new graphics are excellent in my opinion. They envoke a very current media appearance- digital and "X-Games, MTV" looking... Very current, very subtle and really cool. The graphic treatment of this bike is a home run.

Also, most importantly- Litespeed returned to what they do best with this important bike. It is now 100% 3/2.5 vanadium titanium. The new seatstays are radiused, in small diameter and titanium. This will undoubtedly make the bike lighter.

Also, the seat tube on the new Saber is bladed shaped for better cosemetics, ride and aerodynamics. This makes the bike an easier sell for retailers as it compares visually to a greater degree with the other aero tube appearance bikes out there.

I have always loved the Saber, and I think Litespeed deserves a lot of credit for continuing to evolve this bike and make improvements each year. The new Saber looks pretty exciting.

Hopefully, now that I've spilled the beans- Herbert will show us all a photo!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a picture of the new compact Vortex on the web site. Looks pretty cool......... Did you get to see it live??

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Saber, maybe because I do have a longish torso. I also like the lightly higher headtube!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
new graphics A++++++++ never a big fan of the yellow Litespeed decals. Love the new ones. Love my Litespeed Mtn bike as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Saber sounds like a nice bike, Tom. Sometimes I wish my 03 Saber had had full ti stays...maybe I wouldn't have soured on it when the carbon stays broke after that wreck...

I'm waiting with baited breath to see the updated Tuscany...and hoping the only real change is the move back to an external headset...that bike is a home run already...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need anyone to demo these bikes for a couple of months? Im willing!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Thanks for the kudos, I will pass them on to Brad and all the other engineering guys and of course to our graphic "superman" Sam. I have attached a pic of the 06 Saber plus a pic of the 06 Siena.

We have worked very hard on all the 2006 bikes and hopefully it shows.

Lots of technology has trickled down and that is awesome.

Greetings from TN,

Herbert

Litespeed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's interesting news that the seatstays are going to be Ti again. I was actually considering the Tachyon over the Saber for just this reason.
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm waiting with baited breath to see the updated Tuscany...and hoping the only real change is the move back to an external headset...that bike is a home run already...

How is that?

Cheers,

Herbert

Litespeed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any word on how much one of these sabers is going cost?
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is MSRP on the 06 Saber????

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carbon who? Carbon what?

That '06 Saber is hot! I found my next bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [jman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2006 Saber frameset $2499, Ultegra $4499

Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome! Will you be writing up a review in the near future (sim. to the Blade review)? I'd like to see how the two compare...

I have a Saber that was the last model prior to the carbon seat-stays (2001?) and have been considering upgrading in the future - this may sway my decision to stay with the Saber and not go to the Blade :)

Thanks!

Doug

(i just verbed myself, and it feels pretty good).
Dan Empfield aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any changes/pictures of the 2006 Ghisallo?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's hot.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saber: yes, that IS hot. let the saving begin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to look at the details on the Saber:
  • '06 Saber retains the proven Litespeed head tube design. This design is a boon for fitters who don;t need to use stacks of spacers to raise aerobars to a good, powerful, comfortable position. It also stiffens the front of the bike for better climbing out of the saddle and road-bike steering on a tri bike.
  • Saber takes the seatpost binder bolt assembly from the Blade. Awesome. It wroks perfectly, is simple, durable and strong.
  • Saber uses the Litespeed/QR/Real Designs carbon fiber aero seatpost with a wide range of fore/aft adjustment.
  • Saber's new seat stays are a proven Litespeed design. In my opinion they are stronger, lighter and more comfortable than the former carbon stays.
  • Saber is the famous 3/2.5 vanadium titanium that represnets the highest degree of durability in the Litespeed line. It is strong, flight case tough and rides nice.
  • ABG's parts kits have nver been better. The spec reads like a wish list: Arione Tri, Visiontech, Wheels built with a HED designed manufacturing process and Shimano, Shimano, Shimano.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely a nice bike. any ideas on availability? also, what is the resoning for not having a rear cutout? I thought those were all the rage? Is that the only difference between this bike and the blade? who would care to estimate the time savings a bike with such a cutout would offer over one without such a cutout on two identical riders under identical conditions?

just a little off topic (but still in the same facility in TN), Herbert can you give an idea of MSRP on QR's new carbon offering to go with the Lucero? Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it me or is there a little less slope to the top tube on the new sienna? I like the new decals as well. Looks like 2006 is is gonna be a good year. Thanks for the eye candy.

Damn, the more I look at these pictures the more I like them. very nice
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [weak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very happy with my 02 Saber, wonder what my frame is worth for a trade in.

I love the top and seat tube of the 06. Great job Litespeed!
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The info that I have (and I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong)
Lucero MSRP $4699 or$5699 depending on wheels

Seduza MSRP $3K

hope that helps

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schwing!!!

Quote | Reply
Quote:
Saber's new seat stays are a proven Litespeed design. In my opinion they are stronger, lighter and more comfortable than the former carbon stays.
How in the world do you make the conclusion that they're "stronger" (you've somehow stress-tested them?) "lighter" (you've weighed the seatstays?) and "more comfortable" (you've ridden it?)...
Quote Reply
Re: New Litespeeds for '06. [Chris Wiggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chris. I see many of the on-line retailers offering the Lucero frame at $2499-2999. Perhaps I need to get one before the new model year comes in and prices are back to where they started.
Quote Reply

Prev Next