Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro
Quote | Reply
Has potential for split nose fans who are looking for something narrower.

Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the same length as the old hilo? I've been waiting for the new version to come out, but it looks a bit shorter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks very similar to the Hilo XXX... but yes, I agree, it does look shorter (although that could be an optical illusion).

The Hilo saddles are the first ones that I've been happy (i.e. comfortable) with for the last 10 years... just fits me really well. The only challenge I have is that I tend to slide around a bit more than I would like on them, just not grippy enough.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the bike fit course at Trek a few months ago and got to sit on a prototype (not sure if or what changes they made before production), but I found it to be a very comfortable saddle.

I'm currently on a JOF 55 for reference, and I will probably pick up the new Hilo to see how it compares on a longer ride since I was only on it for a few minutes at a time and not on my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when's it available?
Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great find! This looks awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! I checked under saddles but didn't see it. cheaper than the hilo xxx too!
Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enough time to tell if it is narrower than the 55 up front?
Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa.. the price on the comp is awesome! Considering the Comp and a JOF 55 are relatively the same weight... that price is a fresh breath of air.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anybody got one during the summer time and could provide some measurements ? Like width right at the end of the nose and then width about 5cm from the nose ?

Been on Fabric tri for about 2 years and it's the best FOR ME I've tried so far (having tried so many others...) but interested if there is a second option for a "not so wide" tri saddle !
Quote Reply
Re: New Interesting TT Saddle: Bontrager Hilo Pro [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard for me to be very precise, but after trying a few times...I'd say the very end of the nose is right around 5cm, and the then the 2nd measurement you asked for is around 6.5cm.

For me, this is the most comfortable saddle I have ridden. And on top of the comfort, they designed it to be very grippy...which I have liked as well... I do have the carbon rails...
Quote Reply