Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Half iron in Mass
Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was already posted. Great addition to the New Engalnd race calendar.

Sun Multisport Events Update October 2006 Dear John,

Sun Multisport Events (SME), the event management team behind the Cranberry Country Triathlon and the New England Multisport Expo, is proud to announce it is adding a new race to its 2007 line-up: The Patriot Half Iron. A half iron tri (1.2 mile swim/56 mile bike/13.1 mile run) has been absent from MA for way too long, but that all changes in 2007 when the Patriot Half becomes Massachusetts' ONLY half iron triathlon!

The Patriot Half is scheduled for Sunday, July 1, 2007. This date was selected to give New Englanders an adequate number of warm weather training days prior to race day. And with the celebration of Independence Day right around the corner from the event, the location couldn’t be more appropriate: Freetown, MA.

Freetown's Cathedral Camp will be the site of the Patriot (48 miles south of Boston). This facility is situated on the shores of beautiful Long Pond and is surrounded by miles of country roads making it an ideal setting for the Commonwealth's only half iron triathlon.

Click here to register for the Patriot on Active.com. Register by December 31st and pay just $120 -- a savings of $25 off the standard registration fee going into effect January 1, 2007. The field for this event will be limited to 500.

A web site for the Patriot will launch in December (we'll send you an email when the site is live). For now, though, go through the rest of this email for additional details as well as photos of the swim, bike and run courses.

Initial feedback on this event has been extremely positive. We are very excited to bring a half iron to Massachusetts and are dedicated to making this a great race for all participants -- from those who are ready to take on their first half iron to the experienced long distance triathlete. Look for more details on this and our other 2007 events in the months ahead (if you no longer wish to receive email from Sun Multisport Events simply opt out using the link at the bottom of this email).
Register for the Patriot by 12/31/06 and Save $25!
Click here to Register on Active.com
Registration Fees: INDIVIDUALS: $120 (until 12/31/06; $145 effective 1/1/07); RELAY TEAMS: $300 (until 12/31/06; $330 effective 1/1/07)

The 1.2 mile SWIM takes place at Long Pond. The swim will be a rectangular course.
The 56 mile BIKE course is two loops through the surrounding towns and includes crossing the scenic Pocksha Pond Causeway and...
... plenty of scenic country roads. The bike course is generally flat with some rolling hils that will ocassionally force you to get up out of the saddle.
The 13.1 mile RUN course is also generally flat and goes along back roads that take you by attractive scenery including farms, cranberry bogs...
... and numerous water features. This is a one loop course that begins and ends at Cathedral Camp.

Just like we do at the Cranberry Country Triathlon, we will have plenty of post-race festivities including a BBQ (complimentary to all Patriot participants), a DJ and band, prize giveaways and an award ceremony. And be sure to bring your spouse, significant other, friends and family... Catherdal Camp offers plenty of activities to keep them busy while you're racing. We hope you join us for the inaugural Patriot Half Iron!

Sincerely,

Eric and Mark Sun Multisport Events

email: info@cranberrycountrytri.com

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Half iron in Mass [Spindogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, John. That'll go right on the short-list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey John-

Thanks for posting the info . Very cool to see a HIM coming to Mass .

PS_ How's married life ? All good I hope.
Cheers,

Mike

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool. I was looking for something on that weekend, too.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New Half iron in Mass [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats great to have one here in Mass. Kudos to those guys for making it happen. They put on a great olympic distance race already here in Ma. each August (cranberry contry tri). cheers
Quote Reply
Re: New Half iron in Mass [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Swordfish-

Married life is great. The wedding was a blast---best day of my life!!!

I'm trying to stay healthy right now for Clearwater (got sick last week and it's lingering).

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply