Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono
Quote | Reply
Sorry, building bikes is not a talent of mine.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience installing the new Easton Attack TT bar (carbon with s-bends). The problem I seem to be having is that the derailer cables exit this particular bar at the very rear and then requires a very unmanageable sharp turn down to where it enters the downtube. I think the Crono is particularly challenging because of the location of where it enters the downtube but I could potentially see this being a problem on many bikes (unless I'm missing something).

I know I can route the cable all external but that's also a little challenging due to the knob that exists at the s-bend where the cable from the bar shifter is supposed to enter the bar (before exiting the rear). Not to mention, cosmetically it's not that attractive.

I got a picture but no place to post it at the moment.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use Nokons to make the sharp bend into the down tube.

K
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
use Nokons to make the sharp bend into the down tube.

K

I had a feeling someone was going to say that. I have Nokons on my P3C and my shifting has never been as clean as it was prior to putting them on. I also have a couple of other friends who put them on and all of us are pulling them them off at this point. Bottom line, I've just had enough feedback from multiple different shops and people to say that they aren't working well for tri-bike applications.

I greatly appreciate the feedback!!

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
call Trizilla in Pittsburgh. They just put a set on my friend's Guru
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea where I can find a picture of these new bars? FWIW, I have the original Attack TT bars on my Crono and use Nokon cables.

Thanks,

Kevin

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Trinity came with the Easton bar and Nokan cables and it works great.
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [Shawn-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yep.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it lacks adjustability... is everything on that bar fixed? length, width of pads, height of pads?
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looks like it lacks adjustability... is everything on that bar fixed? length, width of pads, height of pads?

It certainly lacks some adjustability but what integrated bar doesn't? It doesn't have an integrated stem which is very good, imho. It comes in 3 sizes but I think they're only shipping 2 sizes right now. The pads have some adjustability too. Not sure about the pad height but I don't care because I like my pads as low as possible. It definitely fits my needs perfectly except that I don't understand why they chose to run the cables all the way to the rear which leaves very little room to make an appropriate bend down toward the downtube.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton Attack TT bar on a Guru Crono [Shawn-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Didn't know those were available. We've obviously seen them on tour bikes, but we mortals are left to see if they trickle down. I actually emailed Easton back in August about the one piece bar Floyd was using. Whomever I contacted denied they even manufactured a one piece bar. I told them I thought that was odd as I had a set of the older Easton Attack bars. But I kindly thanked them and told them I'd buy a competitor's product:) Thanks again for the info. As to the original post, you might also want to look into the revamped Aztec Powerlines cable sets. I've used them in the past, and they're quite flexible, though not as flexible as the Nokon, which by the way, don't seem to have impaired my shifting.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply