Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings?
Quote | Reply
Recently purchased a new '15 P2 and realized that the seat post no longer has the holes/mounts that are compatible with the different wings offered by X-Lab, now I have no idea what to use as far as a rear mounted hydration/repair. What is everyone using as an alternative?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seat-rail mounted wing?

http://www.discounttrisupply.com/blog/xlab-rear-carrier-buying-guide/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start here. http://xlab-usa.com/...dration-systems.html

XLAB makes a rear mount for any saddle

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I know of the seat rail option was really hoping for a post mounted option so its more secure . I wonder why Cervelo did away with the seat post holes?

BryanD wrote:
Start here. http://xlab-usa.com/...dration-systems.html

XLAB makes a rear mount for any saddle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's still going to be really secure with a saddle mount. I have no idea why Cervelo did that and to me it's no big deal. I have the old P2 but if I got a new bike, I'd get the XLAB saddle mounts.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also unsure why they got rid of it but I also have a new '15 P2 and I use the XLAB Super-Wing. I have 2x24oz waterbottles and a saddle bag attached to the Super-Wing and it is still as firm as can be. The Super-Wing mount gives plenty of mounting options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
Thanks I know of the seat rail option was really hoping for a post mounted option so its more secure . I wonder why Cervelo did away with the seat post holes?

In the XLAB thread, a bunch of people reported breaking the seat post with the delta carrier that mounts in that hole.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy that had my P2 wrecked and it broke the back of the seat post off where the cage attached (and half of the back seat mount, which I don't care about). I still have that post......
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P90Puma wrote:
JTNY wrote:

In the XLAB thread, a bunch of people reported breaking the seat post with the delta carrier that mounts in that hole.

Wow thats crazy so what happened out of that? good point about wrecking and possibly damaging/breaking your seat post. What would a new seat post cost?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought and installed the XLab Carbon Wing 400i for my 2011 P4. Even though I have the seat post holes I bought the carbon wing over the sonic wing (for two hole seat posts) for resale value. Install was pretty simple and It seems to be very secure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can go with the Sonic wing or they make a holder that goes into the to of the seat clamp with a single metal bracket to hold 1 water bottle cage.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cervelo P2 owner - seat post not compatible with X-Lab wings? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
I just bought and installed the XLab Carbon Wing 400i for my 2011 P4. Even though I have the seat post holes I bought the carbon wing over the sonic wing (for two hole seat posts) for resale value. Install was pretty simple and It seems to be very secure.

I'm thinking of going with the carbon wing as well but I am upgrading to a Adamo attack saddle... I know some Xlab mounts are "ISM" compatible but not sure if the Carbon wing is.... I've emailed Xlab in any case to be sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a NP2 with ism attack saddle. I just zip tie a single cage back there. It's super snug and has never launched a bottle yet.
Quote Reply