Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Bike Help
Quote | Reply
My wife is considering to buy her first bike to perhaps ("cross my fingers") get involved in triathons.

Not looking to spend more than $1500.00

Any recommendations. Her inseam is 74.2cm.

I am think road bike. Any good carbon complete bikes for $1500 or less. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Help [therascal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked around for a good bike fitter?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first road bike is the Trek Pilot 2.1.

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2005/road/pilot21.jsp

I really like it b/c with it's upright geometry it isn't too rough of a ride. It has some carbon. I paid less than $1200 and people I ride with tell me it is built up nicely (although I wouldn't know!).

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Rascal,

You're dreaming I think. I was just looking for a new bike for the wife but had to narrow it down a ton as I was looking for a very small size and only a few manufacturers made frames small enough.

I think for $1500 you're looking at aluminum (maybe carbon stays).

Maybe a good deal on a 2005?

I doubt it matters really - its her first bike and she won't know the difference. The key is that it must/must be comfortable - so make sure the fit is perfect. In my opinion nothing else matters.....if she is not comfortable and secure - she might not last long.

Likely the 2 keys is a saddle that fits her well and shoes/pedals that she can get in and out of easily - thats been my experience......frame material is really really low on the list of importance.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend rides a specialized dolce elite. It's a nice bike. Seems to fit her womanly geometry well.

Around sale time, the only carbon fiber bikes I've seen in that price range are the Giant OCR's. I don't know anything about them though. Look like decent bikes.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife recently got a Giant OCR Limited. All carbon with Ultegra parts for $1,700.