Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Never Reach drink system
Quote | Reply
While traveling on the west coast last week, I stopped in at the Seattle Bike Expo and was happy to see that Linda Litton the NeverReach (www.neverreach.com) inventor had a booth there. Having read about the product on a Slowtwitch thread some months ago, I was intrigued by it and was glad to have the chance to see it in person.

The system appears to have gone through some very positive evolution since the early pictures I saw, and although I haven't ridden with it yet, I was impressed enough by Linda's enthusiasm and the product, that I plunked down my credit card on the spot and took one home.

I wanted to put up a post not only because I think Linda had a great idea, but I admire her as an independant inventor and think it's important to support those that come up with new innovations in our sport, even if they aren't part of a big company.

If it ever stops snowing here, I'll put up a report as to how the system is working for me.

Barry Kundert
Quote Reply
Re: Never Reach drink system [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also got one. I think it is a big advance for long course triathletes. Sure holds a lot compared to a bottle. Cyclists probably won't be as intrigued by it.

Make sure you tighten everything really well. I have had some trouble with the nuts vibrating loose on rides and I tend to hit it with my leg when I get off my bike (forget it is there, need to lift a little higher).

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I built my own verison of this concept awhile back because for me it really was a hassle reaching down to the frame and fiddling with water bottles. What is nice about hers is that you can fill it on the go, something I can't do on mine. Definately a neccesity on the longer events, although not an issue at sprints or Olys.
Quote Reply
Re: Never Reach drink system [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice Frank. That's a good point about hitting it with your leg when you dismount, since I have a Softride, I'll really have to do a acrobatic high-step move to get off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does the thing attach to the saddle/rails/seatpost? Does it preclude the use of an under-the-saddle wedge bag for carrying spare tube & tools? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This product definitely looks very cool. I am a certified weight weenie, so the 10 ounce weight sounds a bit much. On the other hand, I wound up in the med tent two quarts down after IM Lake Placid last year. I was thinking of going back to using a handlebar mounted system this year, but they can be really tough on the bike handling when you hit the cross winds. This might be just the thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Never Reach drink system [Tom in AL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It attaches to the rails. It could interfere with an under the saddle bag, depending upon how it attaches and your specific seat. Then, again, there may be no interference or an easy modification may fix any problem. Don't know.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
This may be a problem for Barry [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the problems that a Softride can pose with attaching ANYTHING to the seat rails -- something to consider before buying.

Also, think of what the weight of the system+water will do to (1) the reactions of the beam, and (2) the height adjustment. With the placement of where this is relative to the rider (cantilevered farther out), the effects are actually MORE than just the weight of the system+water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Last edited by: brider: Mar 7, 03 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: This may be a problem for Barry [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THanks Brider, those are good things to think about.

I do find the Rocket style beam to be quite stiff and I don't really notice the difference in beam deflection when my body weight fluctuates a few pounds in either direction, but you may be right that a few pounds of water hanging that far behind my butt could change the feel of both vertical and horizontal beam sway. I'll have to experiment with it.

thanks again
Quote Reply