Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need tips on how to slow pace after T2
Quote | Reply
So I have been doing my bricks like I should and I have been surprised to look at my watch each week at the pace I am hitting for the first 3 miles or so. Meaning that I feel like I am going slow and I am purposefully trying to hit a slower pace but each mile clicks off a full 1:00 faster, or more %$&$#@. I try to slow down again and feel like I do but the next mile is the same. I don't feel near as good as I do on my long runs but I "feel" I am going so much slower than my "feel" on my stand alone long run. My "feel" for my pace is way off after the bike. I am like, this watch cant be right, but it is based on my other runs on the same route.

I am by no means a fast runner. 9:10 for my long runs (17 - 20 miles) and I feel OK after those stand alone sessions. I have been running 8:30 miles during my brick. But I don't think I will be able to run 9:10 much less 8:30s for the marathon at Texas in two weeks.

HR is about the same for both the brick and the long run at 136 avg (I'm 42 btw)

Couple other stats to consider. Bike cadence is 93 avg for 6:00:00 at 190 watts, 200 NP, at 130 avg HR. (todays ride)

Also I was targeting a 10:00 to 10:30 pace for the marathon. (far fetched?)

Any other options vs just staring at the watch or setting up a battery killing alert at 9:20 or even 9:40 pace?

Guidance needed!
Quote Reply
Re: Need tips on how to slow pace after T2 [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the first part of your brick at the local HS track. You can check your pace every 200m pretty easily and get a feel for what the "correct" pace feels like. It's also totally flat, so you don't need to factor for terrain.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Need tips on how to slow pace after T2 [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Do the first part of your brick at the local HS track. You can check your pace every 200m pretty easily and get a feel for what the "correct" pace feels like. It's also totally flat, so you don't need to factor for terrain.

Excellent idea, plus you can have a bottle on the side (should you need it).

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Need tips on how to slow pace after T2 [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go slower look at your watch and pay attention to what it's saying
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Apr 26, 15 20:58
Quote Reply