Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need advice on training plan!
Quote | Reply
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum but not to multisport! Currently I'm training for Ironman 70.3 Muncie (which is coming up on Saturday). I plan to take a week off from hard exercise after the race but would like to bounce back and train for a full marathon and a 4k (2.4 mile) swim (2/3 of a full Ironman!). Does anybody have any advice on what plan I could follow to accomplish this? I'm very comfortable in the water and can build up even more endurance for the marathon. Thanks in advance for any advice; I look forward to hearing anything that you've got for me!

Tyler
Quote Reply
Re: Need advice on training plan! [Childress5tyler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long after the HIM are your two other races?

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Need advice on training plan! [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good question :) currently I'm leaning towards two months or so. The HIM is 07-11-2015 and the full marathon I'm thinking about doing is 09-25-2015 and the 4K swim would be around the same time if I can find one close to me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are following a quality plan for Muncie, then you could add volume to the run/swim and gradually extend the duration of the 'work' sessions. How many miles where you running per week for 2 weeks prior to taper? how many yards swimming? You might also be able to follow the back half of a marathon plan plus swimming 10k/week with a fair bit of quality work sets.

imagine.believe.achieve
Quote Reply