Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need Help: Logistics + Accommodations for Clearwater
Quote | Reply
Thought I wasn't going to be able to race at Clearwater on 11/11 due to work but now it looks like there is a possibility I could get free to fly down Friday morning, race Saturday and then fly back to NY that night. Defeinitely kind of nuts but since I qualified (which was a surprise) I really hoped I could do the race and I am in shape to do it, I think. Here are my issues as I see it:

=Usually I'd get to the race at least 2 days ahead of time. Is it realistically possible to fly down on Friday morning (flight I found would get me to Tampa around 11:30 am), collect my bike at the airport check in hotel, unpack + put together together bike + test ride and register on Friday? Anyone else doing that for this race? Anyone done this for a previous race with good or distrastrous results?

=Anyone know of any hotels with availability which are very close to the race site? I need something close so I could pack up after the race and catch a flight out of Tampa around 7:00 that night?

Any and all help, advice and counsel will be greatly appreciated.

Jack Smith
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help: Logistics + Accommodations for Clearwater [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fly in on Friday, though I will be arriving earlier around 9:00. I opted to ship my bike to a bike shop and have them assemble and have it ready at the race site. Hotels will be tricky, most of the cheap local ones are sold out. But I am sure you can get one a short drive from one of the shuttle sites.

I think you have until 6pm to complete the mandatory bike check in on Friday. You would miss the race talks.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help: Logistics + Accommodations for Clearwater [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say you'd be fine as long as there are no flight delays. If that happens, you're screwed. Just be ready in case. I'm sure you could find a hotel/motel in Tampa near the airport if worse came to worse.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply